Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future Scape (MMORPG)

Blog Entries

Future Scape (MMORPG)

I've had a look at the site lately and I must say.. WOW! Are all of those concept model screens for the game? Because they are pretty darn nice.

Please keep us up to dae on your progress as I will be watching this one carefully
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Future Scape (MMORPG)

It looks very promising indeed. Keep up the excellent work!
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Future Scape (MMORPG)

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    I've had a look at the site lately and I must say.. WOW! Are all of those concept model screens for the game? Because they are pretty darn nice.

Please keep us up to dae on your progress as I will be watching this one carefully
    Thanks for the reply =D Yes, most of the concept shots are due to be added in shortly. Unfortunately our head modeller is pre-occupied with some studying, so it's delaying progress.

The site has been down today, oneandone.co.uk decided to do 'routine' maintenance without telling anyone...
    http://www.c5software.co.uk (site is being developed at the moment)

Future Scape (MMORPG)

I tried going to the site while the maintenence was done, so I cheked again today. VERY cool! It look like you've made amazing progress.

Would you explain to me the teams decision on making it an online RPG? I'm not sure I get the catch, IE the player's enjoyment, since RPG's take lots of time to play. MP would be bad if a level 30 guy decided he didn't like you when you just started.

By the way, Inpector Gadget was my favorite cartoon. I miss those days...

Future Scape (MMORPG)

Looking great Gadget.

This is the best looking mmorpg I've seen on a pascal board!
    Keep it up!

Future Scape (MMORPG)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek

Would you explain to me the teams decision on making it an online RPG? I'm not sure I get the catch, IE the player's enjoyment, since RPG's take lots of time to play. MP would be bad if a level 30 guy decided he didn't like you when you just started.
    Yes, many of us have played other MMORPG and see how fun and addictive they can be. Being able to play an RPG with hundreds of other players is amazing fun, and cannot be compared to single offline experience.

Interms of the leveling, there are penalty systems in place to deal with player killers and grief play. If a level 30 character attacks a level 10 character he will be 'marked' and unable to do various things in game, almost like a justice system. Of course, you could kill 1 person and be OK, but kill another and you are classed as a player killer. The more you kill the worse it gets, you will find it hard to keep killing players without ruining your own gameplay.

We did toy with the idea of level balancing when player fight. eg. level 30 players attack drop to that of a level 10 - 12 when fighting a level 10 player, but imagine a group of level 10 players ganging up on a level 50, it would be a slaughter and unfair on someone so much higher level.
    http://www.c5software.co.uk (site is being developed at the moment)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12