Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: irrPascal :: Irrlicht for Pascal

irrPascal :: Irrlicht for Pascal

There is something strange in Pascal

I finished almost all basic functions and then testing started but... everything is working nice when wrapper functions are called from C++, but Pascal code generates division by zero runtime error whenever some mesh is added to scene. I guess there is something wrong with parameter types (size of types are different in Pascal and C++ or something like that) or with precision (Set8087CW...)?

I uploaded mini version of wrapper and C++ and Pascal program that uses it. I can't figure what is wrong... maybe someone else can?

Download: http://www.geocities.com/srki_82/Mini.zip

Never mind... I found solution... Set8087CW($133f) fixed everything.

Pascal has compiled Irrlicht HelloWorld tutorial

For now all calls are made directly to wrapper, but basic classes will be completed soon so HelloWorld will look like original one written in C++ (no need for temp. vars, using classes for calls,...).

why you actually need a wrapper dll? I thought irrlicht exports functions using interfaces, does it not? if that's the case I see no reason for a wrapper dll, you just need correct interface declarations and use those.....if I'm wrong please correct me....

Well... classes like vector3d<T>, SColor, SMaterial, etc. are not interfaces so I have to write wrapper dll to create and use that classes.

If there is solution that doesn't require wrapper dll, I will be happy to hear how to do that.

I tried to use exported abstract classes for device, video driver and scene manager but I never get them working in Pascal.

look at the .NET wrapper for irrlicht, that's all I can say

EDIT:
    so no, it's not as cool as I thought marshalling is required for these non-interface types...

For now, we need this wrapper dll. Flatten version of Irrlicht classes in this wrapper can be used in almost any compiler that supports dynamic loading libraries... it would be useful for Pascal, VB, GameMaker, C and many ther programmers

BTW this article helped me in the begging: http://www.rvelthuis.de/articles/articles-cppobjs.html

I'm having trouble compiling latest version with GCC, here's what errors I get when I try to build irrPascal wrapper in CodeBlocks:
    IrrAttributes.cpp:710: error: 'class irr::io::IAttributes' has no member named 'addUserPointer'
    IrrAttributes.cpp:722: error: 'class irr::io::IAttributes' has no member named 'getAttributeAsUserPointer'
    IrrAttributes.cpp:728: error: 'class irr::io::IAttributes' has no member named 'getAttributeAsUserPointer'

I used the latest Irrlich sources for building IrrPascal. Download the latest version from SVN or simply remove functions that do not exists in your header files.

Classes are updated so HelloWorld tutorial is almost identical to C++ version.

BTW FPC/Laz make difference between PChar and Pointer so I can overload functions with that types, but to Delphi PChar is the same as Pointer and it cann't overload functions like:
    Code:
    function A&#40;a&#58; PChar&#41;&#58; Boolean; overload;
    function B&#40;b&#58; Pointer&#41;&#58; Boolean; overload;
    Is there some switch to disable that?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast