Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Job Opportunity at UK Game Development Studio

Job Opportunity at UK Game Development Studio

You can change jobs
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

I forgot to mention that this company has been around since the 80s in various forms and has recently ( in the last few years ) released games on PC, PS2, XBox, PSP and is currently working on a Next Gen title.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Is there any rational explaination why the name of the company isn't enclosed? Maybe because of a professional job agent service?

I surprised that professional game development is actually done in Delphi these days. Could be a great opportunity for some of you Brits
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware
    Is there any rational explaination why the name of the company isn't enclosed? Maybe because of a professional job agent service?
    This job advert it not through an agency. Your CV goes directly to the game company after the initial exchange via the hotmail address. My best guess would be that they don't want to be inundated from the agencies you mention. By going directly to the developers they avoid having to pay agency charges for placement of a candidate. In theory this should also mean that they can offer you a little bit more money.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware
    I surprised that professional game development is actually done in Delphi these days.
    Come on JSoftware, why can't they use Delphi for professional game dev?
    Commercial Delphi games have been released in the past and been successful. Hero X is still available on the Atari website, Age of Wonders spawned a sequel and the game company in question is still around ( Triumph Studios ).

This is the sort of attitude that pervades the game industry.
    Just because the standard is C/C++ does not mean that other languages can't or shouldn't be used for professional game dev. Use whatever development language you are most productive with.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

And again!

It may interest you to know that one of your members is now employed by us here at Sumo and another is working as a contractor as a result of this thread! Therefpre seeing as this appeal was so successful last time - I'll try again. This time I can be a little more open about the position, but I should stress that we are primarily looking for a C++ programmer. Delphi is, however, an advantage.

Please send CVs to the address on the website.

-----

Part of the Foundation 9 Entertainment group, Sumo Digital Ltd is an independent game development studio based in Sheffield, UK. Sumo is licensed to develop on all the leading gaming platforms; Sony PSP, PS2 and PS3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Xbox and Nintendo Wii and DS.

An opportunity now exists for a strong C++ programmer with DirectX experience, working on an unusual and exciting project within the company.

See the careers page on our company website for more details.

http://www.sumo-digital.com/career/default.asp

Jacob Habgood
    Sumo-Digital Limited

Jacob Habgood
    Jacab Habgood as in the co author of 'The Game Maker's Apprentice'?
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Yes he is.

cool
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12