Thread: 2007 Competition: current standings

2007 Competition: current standings

I was wondering (and worrying), with pretty much no activity in the competition entry threads, several announced withdrawals, and a mere thirteen submissions during the previous stage:
    <center>[size=18px]
    Who is still in the race
    [/size][size=24px]?[/size]</center>

Blog Entries

Indeed, 6 days left till deadline.

Perhaps I have to start nagging those that were posting at the start? :?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I've just finished my exams and are ready to compete again. However I'm far behind (haven't even implemented second game genre yet) so it's probably not gonna be anything fancy
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

I'll have some progress to post soon.... i now have some video footage which I'm carefully crafting into sprites

Screenies soon

Blog Entries

Very cool. Keep up the good work guys!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

As for me, not only uni pumps up most of my time, but the few late hours of the night that I spend on my entry are wasted because I can't get bitmaping to work! It's such an essetial thing in a 'good' game, but the more I try to learn it, the more problems I get.

If you don't know wat Im saying, or if you'd like to help, have a look at this thread:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...?p=33130#33130

so pretty much iv implemented both genres, but without bitmaps I don't wanna move to making the menu and I certainly can't make any of the aesthetics that would make it reasonably looking...

so, to answer Alex, yes im in, bt nothin to worry about!

I already know that I won't make the next deadline. Just like I didn't make the last one...

I'm still working on the game engine though.
    If you develop an idiot proof system, the nature develops better idiots.

This one is going to be close for me. I'm either going to get lucky and get the 3rd genera in place or I'm going to drop the 3rd genera due to time. Either way I'll have my entry. Instead of placing updates here all of the time, I've opted to use the games home page and hope that people monitor it. Now I'm working on fixing a bug that I accidentally introduced in the last build.

Blog Entries

Well don't worry too much about meeting all the deadlines so much. They seem to be a bit tough this year, but it's shown on almost everybody, not just those select few that have a busy work/school life. So don't feel all down on yourselves. When they were written up, not as much time was taken to balance them for timeframes so this could be why it seems like a 'rush job'.

Just do the best you can. If you think that what you have now could earn you some points or would have something we'd like to see in the highlights video please do submit. I was a bit starved for material for the last video. I'm almost afraid that I won't be able to do one this deadline if that stays true in 5-6 days.

If nothing else it would help to see submissions to boost the morale of others viewing the competition as it goes. For those that feel they will not be able to continue please make a final submission for this deadline now. You can also submit the same packed file in the next deadlines to be counted for points too. If you did the work early why not get points for it, no?

If you can't just submit each stage then at least we'll be able to judge and score your last version as final at the end. Just make sure that we have the most recent version of your work with any final improvements.

Good luck in this final week guys. I've seen some great stuff this year, keep it up. :thumbup:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I'm feeling pretty happy with this stage. In some ways I am a little behind on the entry; I've only really just recently gotten to getting my second genre fully implemented, but I'm nearing the part I've been waiting for...polish, testing, content.