Thread: 24h to 12h time and Hidden Window

24h to 12h time and Hidden Window

Well, quick question.. How do I get the current time, in HH:MMS form?
    And the date in any form?
    and the current day in the form of Monday, Tuesday, etc etc.

^^^^
    Just need to convert time from 24 hour to 12 hour time.

And finally, how do I make a pascal window appear in the taskbar and NOT in the bar of programs? (above 3 q's more important )
    --MagicRPG--

timeToStr(now()) returns current time
    dateToStr(now()) returns current date
    use DateTimeToString function to format in any way you like.

dayOfWeek(now()) returns number of day where sunday = 1 and saturday 7

Cant help you with the last question.

PS. we're happy to help you, but this info can also be found in less than 10 seconds using google.

Well, I was using the FPC site's documentation, but I just couldn't get a variable assigned with the DD/MM/YY value and not the TDateTime value... But that was because I thought the 'format' was required, which your post just told me it isn't

So now I just need to find out how to hide windows... Like for example (probably not a pascal program...) but you know DU Meter? I need a program that runs in the background 24/7 like that, and having a bar on the bottom of the screen would just get in the way...

EDIT: Also, how do I make the time come in 12-hour time and not 24 hour time? I'm looking on the help site right now, but if anyone knows the answer, it'll be quicker

Ok, found that using am/pm as a time formatter, I can tell it to use 12 hour time, but how do I implement this to make it become equal to a variable in 12-hour form and not write it to screen?
    --MagicRPG--

search this site also, I made a post soem time ago about the use of sysutils to do what you want.

Have a look at it The format function also works for making 24 hour/12 hout clock etc etc etc and was also mentioned on same thread.

http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...light=sysutils was the only post of yours I could find that covered that, and it didn't cover 24-12 hour time... Unless I'm missing something.
    --MagicRPG--