I have a (maybe personal) pet peeve. I think some people might know what that is already, but I'll share it with you guys all the same.

Seeing all these 'help me' threads in the 'Help Me!' forum is getting a little tiresome. I think we get the point that these individuals need help. The problem is however that we don't see what you need help with when we look at your thread. Instead we just see a pathetic plea for help.

I think the subject line could be made better use than that. So what I'm pondering is some form of guidelines for posting in the 'Help Me!' forum. And it's likely going to be the price for keeping it around as it is a high maintenance forum out of all the rest, second only to the 'News' forum.

This means that you will have to read the Help Me! Forum rules and follow a simple subject title formatting guide and basic template when making posts.

ie.

Subject Line: Relevant line describing the problem.

Mandatory Info:

1. brief system specs (OS + CPU / Memory, if relevant)
2. Compiler & Language (Pascal, Object Pascal, etc)
3. detailed explanation of your problem

What this also means is that those that do not conform to these (simple) guidelines will have their threads deleted or locked without prejudice.

Though I'd like to not have a zero tolerance policy [size=9px](iow deletion without warning)[/size] as it may appear a bit harsh to newcomers. I think a better approach might be 'Lock and Talk'.

What do you all think of this alternative to just getting rid of it?