Thread: Problem with sound buffer

Problem with sound buffer

This may have come up before, but how do you stop a certain sound from playing?

I don't mean calling the stop method, because this will clear ALL queued sounds of that type, I mean I want to stop instance (x) of sound (y) only.

I Added the ability to have play() return an id to the sprite that instigated the sound, so later if that sprite died, then I could find that instance and stop just that one.
    However, the sounds are handled in a rotating buffer inside DXSound, so my ID is not preserved.
    Without rewriting the whole sound buffer / queue thing, is there another way around this?

edit: i understand ya...sorry, edited because I understand what you are saying.

I dunno how you would go about doing that....probably does involve a rewrite

There's not much life on here is there

It turned out for me to be easier to split my sfx up into small chunks and play them back to back (if needed).

I`ve changed delphix enough already to make it so I can't use Jaro's version without a lot of conversion work.

I just want to get this current game finished, then dump it for something else.