It looks like you've got yourself a hangup about Object Orientation, with a fair dose of The Fear to boot..

Objects Orientation is not hard or scary.. and unfortunately, unless you plan on working procedurally for the rest of your days, it's something you're going to have to work on.

Object Orientation is very very simple, it's just a slightly bit different to the procedural stuff you're used to.

Think of it as a way to wrap the data for something and the means to manipulate that data all up in a nice safe parcel.

It's exactly the same as creating a bunch of global functions to manipulate some data but instead of passing data to these functions, they already have the relevant chunk of data they're supposed to be working with.

Once you learn how to use OOP, you will wonder why you ever did anything else.

I used to be the same... I'd never done OOP until I started using Pascal (VB6 doesn't promote decent OOP, so I stuck with procedural coding)

Just think of it as a bunch of black boxes which handle a particular part of the functionality for your game. The only data they have is the data you pass to them and they have no way of messing up anything else.

It is a mind shift though... but a worthy one..

Trust me, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Once you're free from this OOP fear, you will be able to do anything.