Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chrome : A tale of 4 Cameras

Chrome : A tale of 4 Cameras

Just a quick update, I've finally added the spring system to this tutorial's 3rd person Camera. With the spring activated, when the ship speeds away, the camera pulls back. When the ship turns, the camera lags behind in the turn to show a partial profile view of the ship. When the ship stops moving, the camera gradually slides back into place.

By pressing the "A" button ( either GamePad or Keyboard ) to toggle the spring, you can compare and contrast the spring-based camera with a rigid, fixed-offset camera. You will notice that the spring-based camera provides a greater sense of speed.

This concludes this tutorial and all that is left to do is to create some XBox 360 projects to go along with this and the other XNA Chrome demos. Then I'll get started on the article.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Chrome : A tale of 4 Cameras

I've just had confirmation from a guy here in the UK that the pure Chrome code ( absolutely no C# code what so ever ) version of this demo works on the XBox 360. He even SMSed me the picture of the icon/text you see on the XBox 360 console.
    I'll get started on an article talking about the whole process.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12