Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tugapod, Online RPG, help needed!

Tugapod, Online RPG, help needed!

Hi there.
    I'm here to show you a Online RPG written in Delphi/FreePascal and I need to recruit some coders to help me with it, since I've not in the perfect mental health to continue the work, but I've lots of fans who wait for the first release and well, I don't want to fail them.

First, the website:
    www.tugapod.pt.la

About the coding progress, 90% of the graphical engine is completed.
    The game currently allows creation of new accounts, new characters, and allows login with password validation.

The server code is very complete and easy to extend.
    We also have a team with designers, scripters, 3d modellers and map makers.
    We only need a programmer, since the current one is hmmm, kind of disabled. But he is able to explain and teach every piece of the code, and how to continue it.

EDIT:
    There are various programming positions avaliable.
    Right now, we need to finish a stable alpha version of the client.

You can either work in the logic part, no graphics/sound/network experience needed, only lots of logic, as our engine abstracts most of the difficult bits.

Or you can work in the core engine, that deals with the 3d graphics, game maps, physics and more. This can be more challenging, but it also more difficult.

Now, this can be a really good learning experience, anyone interested or with questions, just reply or send me a PM.
    www.pascalgameengine.com - Crossplatform 3D game engine

Blog Entries

Hey, excellent looking game so far Relfos!

I've turned your post into an announcement for better coverage.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Looks very interesting to me, but I'm currently out of time, i have added the website to favorites,

What's your email? When i get some free time i will enter in contact with you, i'm from Brazil and i'm very interested to help the project.
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
    Looks very interesting to me, but I'm currently out of time, i have added the website to favorites,

What's your email? When i get some free time i will enter in contact with you, i'm from Brazil and i'm very interested to help the project.
    Thanks for showing interest, a fellow coder from Brazil?
    Our team is from Portugal
    My email is myusernameinthisforum@gmail.com

Hello Relfos.

Game looks really nice

I wish I could help but my knowledge about 3D programming is limited :?

Blog Entries

What does the new coder need to work on and do exactly? This info might help a potential applicant decided if he is more up to the job or not, I think.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I am really interested in your project! I'd like to help you somehow. Let me know what you need help with and I'll see if I could do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wodzu
    Hello Relfos.

Game looks really nice

I wish I could help but my knowledge about 3D programming is limited :?
    Hi, wodzu!
    That kind of knowledge is not exactly needed, as most of the graphics stuff is already done. As long as you have good experience with Delphi and know how game logic works, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    What does the new coder need to work on and do exactly? This info might help a potential applicant decided if he is more up to the job or not, I think.
    Yeah, you're right, I'm going to edit the post and add some more detailed info.

Im moving to a new city this week, after that i will enter in contact with you Relfos
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

LEAF2 For Lazarus

Hi, I downloaded the LEAF2 V2.1 from the website and just started to made some modifications to make it work under Lazarus 0.9.24 and FPC 2.2.0, basically to make the development easier than in the DOS FPC window, I'll make a lazarus package when everything is working, right now the first demos already compile and the PNG, Sprites, Fonts and Sahders works, MD2 and MS3D model dont work, and Basic Shapes like Boxes Cilinders and Spheres work only at compile time, when the executable run outside lazarus the shapes cannot be show on screen (except for the sphere). I've traced the problem to the:
    Instance:=Renderer.AddMeshInstance
    I really dont know why the sphere works and the boxes and cylinders dont, the code is basically the same, and the problem is not coming from the UV coordinates, I already tried to set them as 0,0 in the createbox procedure, I also tried to create the box with triangles but still don
    esnt work outside the compiler.
    Im sending the first modified files to those who askme here because I dont know where to upload the files (800k) with the tutorial 01 working, in the tutorial project I've set the LEAF2 and ZLIB libraries in D:\LEAF2\LEAF and D:\LEAF2\ZLIB, but you can change this editing the .lpi or inside lazarus in Compiler Options->Other Units, for your desired LEAF and ZLIB locations
    I've also added in the tutorial the strip.exe from FPC and a small .bat that you can use to reduce the size of the created executables by 75 to 80% this means that the executables created by Lazarus/FPC that weight 2MB can be stripped to 250 KB

Im looking also for a way to use jpeg4lazarus to load JPEG images, when the graphics part its up and running I'll get into the openal and physics part
    Any help would be welcomed, Im also planing to release the files and the lazarus package in the tugapod forum, I really liked the project and think that it has a lot of potential as a multiplatform with the help of the comunity

Tambien hablo espa?ħol y leo portugues, actualmente resido en espa?ħa, cualquier ayuda o comentario son bienvenidos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast