What are all your views on this language? How powerful is it? Can it be used effectively for game development? Have you any proper direction -- preferrably stuff that is being updated and recent -- for libraries and other resources (-- I haven't found a lot).

As a fan of Pascal I haven't really checked out all his invented languages thoroughly, but Oberon-2... from what I see the syntax is just superb and typically Wirth-like (or Pascal-ish). Still very safe, and it's probably even less likely to make errors, because many things were taken out which prevents misuse and makes it less complex.

One little piece of beauty of the syntax I noticed when I checked quickly is that the sign for an inequality test is for instance not <> but # which looks very intuitive, 'cause it represents an equality sign = with a strikethrough. Beautiful.

Furthermore, from what I see the syntax is very consistent and friendly. But I'm just speaking from little experience, so maybe you can all add some useful stuff and maybe correct mine.