Thread: How to enable DX debug runtimes?

How to enable DX debug runtimes?

Hallo everyone.

IDE: Delphi 7
    API: DirectX SDK

I have a little problem because i don't know how to enable the DirectX debug runtimes. This is usualy done using the DirectX control panel. I don't have that.

It worked on W98 but somehow i can't get the DirectX control panel working on vista.
    I installed the DX SDK April 2007 and it didn't appear. I also downloaded the DX Developer runtimes but that appeared to be a few directories full of DLL's. I don't know what to do with those DLL's. :?

Can someone point me out how to enable the debug runtimes or make the DX Control panel work in vista??

Thank you.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Ohw i think i solved it

I googled for "DirectX control panel" and i found some download sites wich offered me a Directx.CPL file. You need to put that in System32 and a control panel item will appear.

I also found "DirectX control panel" in "DirectX utilities" in the programs menu. So it IS provided with the SDK, but i expected it to be on the control panel .
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Yea, starting from Feb(?) 2007 SDK DirectX control panel is no longer placed in ControlPanel actually. But can only be located in start menu under "DirectX SDK/DirectX Utilities"
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.