Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
If I were you I would contact your ISP about lifting the blockage of port 80. You see most ISP nowadays block local 80 port by default due to security reasons because port 80 was most commonly used for botnets communications simply due the fact that most software based firewalls simply ignore all the traffic that goes through port 80.
My ISP also blocks port 80 by default but when I asked them to stop blocking it they simply sent me a new gateway along with needed password so I can now control myself which ports are blocked and which are not. Now they did warn me that with this I might be compromising security of my computer and that they could hold me responsible for potential damages caused if my computer does gets infected with some malware which then starts further spreading from my computer.
Also at the same time they told me that for merely 5€ a month they offer hosting of a smaller website with 200 MB of storage space with built in database support. That would probably be enough for hosting some smaller forum.
This ISP is known to block this port (although we have a law that forbid this), and there are few competitors that are really bad too... Probably in the short term I will host the website somewhere but keep the game server in-house.