Thread: Project Mundo 3D MMORPG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've got the same problem with vertices, with Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

Quote Originally Posted by circular View Post
    I've got the same problem with vertices, with Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.
    My OpenGL engine also had (and maybe still has some) problems with Intel GPUs on laptops. One workaround that helps to overcome *some* problems is to disable Vertex Buffer Object.

The other good advice: upgrading your drivers helps for some problems. Go to http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ , choose "Graphics" from "Select a product family", choose "Laptop graphic controllers" from "Select a product line", and then in the box "Select a product name" you will see exactly your graphic card, "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family".

You may also be able to get upgraded drivers from your laptop manufacturer, like HP.

Maybe this will help

Mundo 0.20 Released!

Here is the change-log of this release:

* Refactor player animations.
    * Design and implement the death of the player.
    * Looting.
    * BackPack.
    * Use items.
    * Removal of unused units keyvaluelists.pas, maps.pas, timers.pas, serverconnections.pas, clientconnections.pas, textureppms.pas, texturetgas.pas.
    * Remove unit vectors that is misused in cameras.pas.
    * Unify of version constant.
    * Create doc units.ods.

The project is hosted at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamemundo/

The test server is up! The src folder has the executables: mundo.exe for windows or just mundo for Linux.

The keys are: arrows to walk, space to attack, F1 to F5 to change camera, ENTER to post chat, Z to run and X to jump.

Pascal developers are invited to join

Thanks for your feedback.

Blog Entries
    Hey nice update Rodrigo.

Lots of new features added. Most noticeable is the item system I see. Keep up the good work, this entry has really come a long way I'm seeing.

How much map/world is there to explore so far? As MMOs go, they seem to rely on new places to explore. I'm just curious as to how that's coming along. Do you plan on adding a new region/area every future build/release, etc?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    How much map/world is there to explore so far? As MMOs go, they seem to rely on new places to explore. I'm just curious as to how that's coming along. Do you plan on adding a new region/area every future build/release, etc?
    Our current focus are keep in adding the basic features. After this we should have a massive content addition. Fortunately we are just a few features far from our 1.0 milestone.
    The current map have only 3.2 ha of size and is a little playground to test the features added.

Blog Entries
    Well that is great to hear. All those years of work seems like it'll be finally paying off. I'd save the 1.0 number until you do add enough content to classify it 1.0 playable though. Create a small town/village and some region to explore to make it MMO-scale worthy. What's an MMO RPG that you can't have a few places to explore right?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Mundo 0.21 released!

The main feature of this release is the quests. Say "quest" to the NPC to get a quest. When completed turn back to NPC and say 'hi' to get your reward.

Here is the change-log of this release:

* Added quests.
    * Added mouse camera.
    * Created a key switch to client show the fps (F12).
    * Created Class diagram at doc/Class Diagram.dia.
    * Created TSoundList Class and changed the game to use it.
    * TBackPackForm and TLootForm refactored to inherit from TForm.
    * TForm class refactored to inherit from TControl.
    * Fixed dino lifebar position by the height property.
    * Fixed distance of dino attack.
    * Fixed backpack to not allow click in their slots when closed.
    * Improved server exception handling.

The project is hosted at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamemundo/

The test server is up! The src folder has the executables: mundo.exe for windows or just mundo for Linux.

The controls are: arrows to walk, space to attack, click mouse and drag to rotate camera, ENTER to post chat, Z to run, X to jump, F12 to switch show FPS, ESC to exit.

Pascal developers are invited to join

Thanks for your feedback.