Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Mundo 3D MMORPG

Source upgraded to Lazarus 0.9.30

The source was fixed to be compatible with Lazarus 0.9.30 or higher.
    Only a few changes were necessary.
    The last source is at the SVN repository here: https://gamemundo.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gamemundo
    Last edited by Rodrigo Robles; 14-03-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Many time has passed since the last release, so I will make a short report.
    At January, 2012, I decided to make a greater effort to finish the game (i.e. reach the 1.0 milestone, the project should continue to add content and features after that). So I allocated a large amount of time-work and commissioned some artists to accelerate the content generation.
    After about one year we get:

* More than 10 kinds of monsters;
    * More than 10 kinds of NPCs;
    * Five bosses (special powerful monsters not counting with the ordinary ones);
    * Five kinds of swords and five shields;
    * Map grew to 280.000 m²;
    * Moved from MD2 to MD3 models. There is a great visual difference because the low precision of MD2 models.
    * Added new features: Char personalization, monster map, logged char screen, full screen, money, NPC trade, chat improvement, controls improvement, monster behaviour improvement, character behaviour improvement, more quest types (talk quest, send item quest), loading screen, camera improvement, NPC waypoints, smooth transition to pop up clipped objects, and lots of little fixes and improvements.

Actually the cronogram shows more 250 hours/work to conclusion, it will spend some months ahead.

The will be no release before the 1.0, but people can get the last SVN version here: https://gamemundo.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gamemundo
    The binaries are not updated in the SVN, you need to build to get the latest version.

Here is some screenshots:

Last edited by Rodrigo Robles; 18-01-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Fixes

That looks like great progress, well done

Blog Entries
    Very nice! I see much has been done since you last posted your progress.

How many people have been playing the game and testing it so far?

Have you guys considered crowd funding?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Great! I'll test it this evening.
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    How many people have been playing the game and testing it so far?
    Just a few, we are avoiding publicity since long time ago. At the time of the beta release we will make some publicity.

Have you guys considered crowd funding?
    We're thinking about it, but it's not as easy. Many games reach success with Kickstart, but Kickstart can only host U.S.A projects, and we don't have U.S.A. members in the team. Particularly I am from Brazil. In Brazil we have a national version of Kickstart, but the most sucessful game in it only raised about US$ 5.000...

I tried to play it but it says "The file "../client/data/map1.map" cannot be found.". Such file doesn't exists in that subdirectory; there is a "map.txt" instead.

Also I didn't found a lot of documentation about how to play, how to set up a server, is the server mandatory, etc.
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Robles View Post
    We're thinking about it, but it's not as easy. Many games reach success with Kickstart, but Kickstart can only host U.S.A projects, and we don't have U.S.A. members in the team. Particularly I am from Brazil. In Brazil we have a national version of Kickstart, but the most sucessful game in it only raised about US$ 5.000...
    Don't wait for Kickstarter.com. I'm Canadian and even I cannot create a campaign alongside my stared and striped neighbors. You may want to checkout IndieGoGo.com instead. It's almost as popular and it's also a little different. You can check out their "Flexible Funding" and "Fixed Funding" (this one is like Kickstarter) and it's all done through PayPal instead of Amazon.

Should you do a crowd-funding campaign just make sure that you get yourselves in front of a camera and talk. Or at least get a person to do so. A hastily put together 5 min or less gameplay footage video isn't enough. I've seen enough to know many ways to NOT get your game funded through one of those campaigns.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    I tried to play it but it says "The file "../client/data/map1.map" cannot be found.". Such file doesn't exists in that subdirectory; there is a "map.txt" instead.

Also I didn't found a lot of documentation about how to play, how to set up a server, is the server mandatory, etc.
    I suppose that you tried to run the binary in the SVN repository.
    We commit that binary only at releases. To get the last version running you must compile mundo.lpi and server.lpi projects.
    Setup the server is pretty easy, just run the server binary and it's up.
    In the client side you should change src/client/clientconfigs.pas server variable to localhost.

Don't wait for Kickstarter.com. I'm Canadian and even I cannot create a campaign alongside my stared and striped neighbors. You may want to checkout IndieGoGo.com instead. It's almost as popular and it's also a little different. You can check out their "Flexible Funding" and "Fixed Funding" (this one is like Kickstarter) and it's all done through PayPal instead of Amazon.

Should you do a crowd-funding campaign just make sure that you get yourselves in front of a camera and talk. Or at least get a person to do so. A hastily put together 5 min or less gameplay footage video isn't enough. I've seen enough to know many ways to NOT get your game funded through one of those campaigns.
    I didn't know IndieGoGo! Surely we will think about it. Thanks for the tip Will!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast