Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10th dimension

10th dimension

If you're interested in science or just want to learn a bit about dimensions this flash movie is a must.

10th Dimension

It does get a bit complicated after the 4th dimension, but it's all explained in an easy way.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

10th dimension

Didn't Savage post something about this a few months ago? I still have the headache from trying to understand it :lol:

10th dimension

Hmm this is indeed very interesting...

Ive noticed that the dimensions repeats itselves with other aspects.

0. A point
    1. A line (not visible, its a pure mathematical line)
    2. Well you could also see this as a line, but its visible now.
    3. The world we are living in.
    4. The Time.
    5. The Time but now combined with the second dimension.
    6. Time + third dimension
    7. infinity, all posible time lines.
    8. Different infinities
    9. That is still unclear to me...
    10. Inifinity combined with 0 dimension...

Dimension 0-3 is place.
    4-6 (ok, maybe 7 too) is time.
    7-10 is inifity, which is hard to imagine.

Would there be more than 10 dimensions...
    I thought my mathematical teacher told me there are infinity dimensions, which is the hardest to understand...

[edit]
    Dont kill me for the last thing I said... Im not certain if he said that, but if I remember it well, it should be right what Ive told.
    [/edit]
    "What we cannot speak about we must pass over in silence."

10th dimension

Question for everyone...

Person A is travelling with a spaceship faster then light, which is exactly 299.792.458 metres per second (yes quite fast).
    Another person, person B will be living on earth for 70 years *70 "earthyears" *.
    Person A comes back to earth after "70 earthyears".

What will be the difference between person A and person B ?

Oh btw, this is pure theoretical...
    So you may leave all kind of factors behind, such as the medium person A is travelling through and Cerenkov radiation...

Besides speed isnt infinity, the max speed is the speed of light in vacum (which is 299.792.458 metres per second).
    But, it is possible that you travel quicker than light through a medium, it would still be to quick for human beings tho.

Sorry that it looks like Im typing in MSN language, but my keyboard isnt functioning as it should do.

10th dimension

Person A would slap person B for being a "Lying Git!" as nothing can go faster than the speed of light.. He went merely light speed and there's no need to exaggerate.

Person B would then shrug it off an go to a night club and have a bloody great time,
    whereas person A would go to bed with a hot coco after collecting his pension from the post office and soil himself in his sleep.

10th dimension

nothing can go faster than the speed of light
    Hmm, such statements are very dangerous...

Since you did not specify the medium the light is going through.

Can anything go faster than the speed of light?
    Yes, it is possible, although it can not be done in vacum.
    But, you CAN travel quicker than the speed of light in a medium.

You got a funny answer but its all wrong

Blog Entries

10th dimension

Actually photons can travel faster than the speed of light. And no I've not 'seen' it myself.

However unfortunately or so the problem goes, it's the only thing that has been discovered to do thus.

And yes, Dom posted this very same thing some months ago. Very, very mind boggling stuff.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

10th dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo
    Can anything go faster than the speed of light?
    Yes, it is possible, although it can not be done in vacum.
    But, you CAN travel quicker than the speed of light in a medium.
    so far no medium allows the light to travel faster than in vacum

10th dimension

Actually, there is something faster than the speed of light...

The speed of dark. 'cos even though light is very fast, Dark is always there before it.

As for the medium the light is travelling though, it was implied that there was a spaceship therefore, the medium would be space.. where very little gets in the way of the light to slow it down..

My statement "Nothing can go faster than the speed of light" while not technically accurate from a pedantic point of view, given that scientists have managed to slow down light, there were no other criteria specified so by their absence, my statement was accurate. If the question implied additional mediums or asked if light was possible to be overtaken in a race, then my answer would be wholly inaccurate as I would have failed to address the medium it was travelling though. As this was not done, it should be assumed that my statement was regarding light in a vacum.

I've got a headache now and I'm going to have a lie down :lol:

10th dimension

Ah I think this kind of discussions are fun...

Except that I will not sleep tonight anymore
    Its a problem that I have, not sure what it is. If I focus on 1 thing, I can not stop focussing on it...

@Will:

photons do not travel faster than the speed of light.
    Actually photons are the carriers of all wavelengths including visible light.
    Those things are kinda weird, their mass is 0.
    And in vacum they travel at the speed of light (no wonder, since they are the carriers of it)...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast