Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10th dimension

Blog Entries

10th dimension

It's 10th dimension sickness. It happens when you pass the threshold.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

10th dimension

Gheghe, you have any cure for it?

Oh I missed jasons post.
    I think you have read my post when I just posted it, I have edited after a few minutes, because I knew something was missing.

Hmm about your dark thing... Darkness isnt something, its nothing.
    Light are lil photons which IS something, while as I said before darkness isnt.
    So darkness cant be quicker then light since it is nothing...

And as for what you were saying about the spaceship, in my edited post Ive said it doesnt matter what medium it is, you may leave it all behind.

Im wondering if anyone knows the answer on my question?

Let me give a hint, it has something to do with time...

What would travelling faster than light mean?
    "What we cannot speak about we must pass over in silence."

10th dimension

Actually, there is one thing which travels faster than light... Corporate Blame.. Not only does it travel faster than light, it also does it sideways making it hard to see until it's too late :lol:

10th dimension

Sorry, but I have no clue what Corporate Blame is...

It might be my english but I really have no idea

10th dimension

Didn't Einstein say something about this?.. I believe he mentioned some odd theory about this, something to do with his relatives :lol:

Time slows down as you reach the speed of light so that if two people of the same age were in the experiment, one went off in a spaceship at the speed of light then when he returned 70 yrs later, the person in the space ship would have only aged during the time he was speeding up and slowing down making him much younger than the person he left behind. If the accelleration and decelleration process was instantanious, then the person in the spaceship would be 70yrs younger than the person on Earth.

something like that...

I'm not sure that theory has been proven though, although his theory about gravity also travelling at the speed of light has been proven.

10th dimension

YES!!!

Wow, you are the first one that knows the answer on my question!

This is what time-travelling is/was about...

I think nowadays scientists are thinking time-travelling is possible by accesing the fourth dimenson, but dont hit me on that one!
    Since Im not certain about it.
    About this... I wouldnt know how to enter another dimension... its very odd isnt it?
    Since what we can see is "place" or however you want to describe it.
    So, if we would be able to get in any other dimension, whenever and however... Would we still be we?
    Since only dimension 0-3 is place and dimension 4 and up is time and infinity which cannot be seen.

Darn, I hate you pstudio! I can not stop thinking about it.....

Blog Entries

10th dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo
    Gheghe, you have any cure for it?
    Yeah, but it involves a gerbil, a 2L bottle of pop, 3 1/2 teaspoons of antimatter, some aspirin and a dinosaur. Almost any dinosaur will do, but the bigger the better. It'll clear you right up.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

10th dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo
    YES!!!

Wow, you are the first one that knows the answer on my question!

This is what time-travelling is/was about...

I think nowadays scientists are thinking time-travelling is possible by accesing the fourth dimenson, but dont hit me on that one!
    Since Im not certain about it.
    About this... I wouldnt know how to enter another dimension... its very odd isnt it?
    Since what we can see is "place" or however you want to describe it.
    So, if we would be able to get in any other dimension, whenever and however... Would we still be we?
    Since only dimension 0-3 is place and dimension 4 and up is time and infinity which cannot be seen.

Darn, I hate you pstudio! I can not stop thinking about it.....
    He He :lol: dont blame me. I just saw the link on an other forum and thought it was interesting.

About time travelling. As far as I know, sciencetists dont belive that actual time travelling is possible (moving faster than light), but that it may be possible to make a dimension shift to a parallel world. Now if that other dimension would be a point in the 4th or 5th dimension I have no idea about. I am confused :?
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

10th dimension

Fascinating. And well-explained too, albeit a bit fast. I'll have to look again when I have time for I missed some parts.

Regarding Time, there was a... time when I was discussing it with some people, and one of the statements was as follows: Time does not truly exist, except as a concept. (I do not totally recall all of it but I'll have a go at it.)

The explanation was that Time is no physical thing, just an idea, a sense we have, therefore there is no true past nor a future, and Time does not truly flow or move. We only live in the present. There is no "timeline" as if we flow with it, simply because it's not there. It is merely a mental aide to support us.

Thus if the statement 'Time does not exist' returns true, then it should be that there is no 4th dimension... but, wait... arrgh! Well, you know what I mean

Just think of it and disconnect the concept of Time if possible.

10th dimension

The reason why people say that time does not exist is because they are only in three dimensions. They cannot see the four dimension like it was explained in the movie. Time is just a word trying to descripe and measure the fourth dimension.

[size=7px]Donnot know if my point is clear [/size] :?
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast