Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here have an XBox 360

Does anyone here have an XBox 360

OK guys, this is the final test to see if a Chrome compiled library can be used on the Xbox 360!
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm fairly excited about this!

For anyone who's interested please read this first.

Then if you have everything in place let me know and I'll send you the link to the .ccgame package.

Who-ever does the testing is expected to get screen shots ( probably using a digital camera ) and post them .

If it does not work the first time, then we will keep trying until it does .
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

I'm afraid not, but I now whish I had one

I'm equally looking forward to seeing some screenshots though!

As my other post said, PM me and we can talk .

Of course I have one!

I haven't modded it tho, and I really do not want to do it neither

But if that isn't necessary, you can contact me, if you'd like of course.
    &quot;What we cannot speak about we must pass over in silence.&quot;

I don't think you'll have to mod it, but I believe you'll have to buy an XNA Developer license or something like that to be able to play XNA games on the xbox.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

All you need is an XNA Creators Club Membership ( http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/xna/bb219592.aspx ) and that your XBox and PC are on the same network. There is no need to MOD your XBox.

I understand that the membership cost maybe a bit high unless you plan to code XNA games in future.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

I'll upload a .ccgame package for XBox 360 this evening. I think that will be easier for anyone who wants to test it.

Waaaah, I read those prices...

*auch... sorry I pass for this one, cant afford myself such a thing*

Besides, I do not really know what xna is, is this the thing that allows xbox players to play online with pc players?

And why would I need such a license for it? No one will notice what I am doing in my room with the xbox :twisted:
    &quot;What we cannot speak about we must pass over in silence.&quot;

Your XBox actually connects to the online Microsoft server for authentication before it allows you to upload an XNA game to the XBox. If you want to see an example of an XNA game that runs on Windows and XBox 360, have a look at http://www.xnaracinggame.com/ . there are also loads of other examples. XNA is basically a Managed wrapper around DirectX on both Windows and XBox 360.

Assuming you have everything set up correctly simply download the following file and double click on it.
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...Xbox360.ccgame

This should automatically try and upload the demo to your XBox 360.

In case some of you are wondering exactly how massive the C# wrapper is, this what it looks like....

Code:
    using System;
    using CamerasTutorial;

namespace CamerasTutorial360
    &#123;
        static class Program
        &#123;
            /// <summary>
            /// The main entry point for the application.
            /// </summary>
            static void Main&#40;string&#91;&#93; args&#41;
            &#123;
                using &#40;TCamerasTutorial game = new TCamerasTutorial&#40;&#41;&#41;
                &#123;
                    game.Run&#40;&#41;;
                &#125;
            &#125;
        &#125;
    &#125;
    ALL the Chrome code exists in CamerasTutorial assembly and as you can see I simply instantiate TCamerasTutorial class and call it's Run method and that is it.

The minor hassle is compiling the Chrome code as an assembly, and it has to be done via a command line for now. But I am speaking to RemObjects to find out if it is an issue with the compiler or the Visual Studio IDE.

Of course once Microsoft allows non-C# languages to access XNA from Visual Studio or even Visual Studion Express, there will not be any need for any C# wrappers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast