Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bouldermouse 2

Bouldermouse 2

Hi Folks,

since The Innominate is such a large project we started something smaller. Bouldermouse will be finished soon, it is full playable.

Shareware will come with 5 Level, Full with 40 Level and a level-editor for creating own sets.

It is a 2D game with 3D GFX, gameidea based on a classic game.

Release the next couple of weeks.

Project page:
    http://www.ericbehme.de/magicstorm/bouldermouse2.html

See ya!
    Firle

PS: It is made using DanJetX for GFX and Squallsound for SFX and Music.

Bouldermouse 2

Looks interesting, but not had the chance to play it yet.

I've bumped your post to news item.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Bouldermouse 2

Cool, I love boulderdash.

You might want to do something to avoid the repetitive blocky tiles look though.. every version I've seen so far suffers from it.

perhaps using simple cubes for collision detection but more complex blocks for the tiles and having variations on them. It would really add to the look of the game.

It looks like you've already got the mechanics in there, I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Bouldermouse 2

Hey Jason,

if you wanna play it, I'll sent you the link to the beta when I am home again. You have to see it in motion, I find the blocky look cool when the camera moves...

In the news it looks strange and there is a valkyre something link and a red X in the bottom...

Firle

Bouldermouse 2

That'll be really cool

Which application are you using to do your 3d graphics?

Bouldermouse 2

Hexagon 2 for modelling and Truespace 6.5 also for modelling mainly for animations. I have two pals which create the GFX.

Firle

Blog Entries

Bouldermouse 2

Hey Eric, nice work!

[size=9px]Dom or Eric; unfortunately because the news script cuts of at X chars it merged this post with the previous news post so one cannot link here properly now. Can someone rig this post so it doesn't do that?[/size]
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Bouldermouse 2

Looking good :clap:

I like the textures very much. They might look blocky but that doesn't bother me too much.

Wish you good luck on completing this one. (and i'm sure you will)
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Bouldermouse 2

Thanks!

And the menu now supports 4 languages

Firle

Bouldermouse 2

The title Bouldermouse made me laugh, heh heh. From what I see it looks nice

I saw your thread regarding language support but it was closed last time I checked (must be the required three heading lines). It is a nice thing to have more languages. If you need a translator if there's significant story going on I *might* have time (slight chance) now and then if you require French or German (though it has been a while since I've practised them).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast