Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vampyre Imaging Library 0.22.0 Released

Vampyre Imaging Library 0.22.0 Released

New version of Imaging was released few days ago. Support for quite a few new image
    file formats was added and many bugs were fixed.

Current Imaging info and features:
    Imaging is native Object Pascal cross platform image loading, saving and
    manipulation library. Main development language is Object Pascal (Delphi, Kylix and Free Pascal compilers are supported) and there are interfaces to the library (compiled into dll/so) for other languages like C/C++ and Delphi.NET. Currently supported operating systems are Windows, Linux, FreeBSD (and some other Unixes), DOS (and .NET using unmanaged DLL). Supported CPU architectures are x86 and AMD64.
    Currently supported image file formats are: (loading and saving) PNG, JPEG, DDS, TGA, MNG, JNG, BMP, JPEG2000, PGM, PPM, PAM, PFM (loading only) PCX, and PBM.
    Many internal image data formats are supported: 8/16/24/32/48/64 bit RGB and ARGB formats, indexed formats, grayscale formats, half/single precision floating point formats, and compressed formats DXT1, DXT3, and DXT5.
    Additionally there are extensions for creating SDL surfaces, OpenGL and D3D9 textures, VCL/LCL TGraphic descendants, canvas class, and more.

Imaging homepage: http://imaginglib.sourceforge.net
    Vampyre Imaging Library
    Earth Under Fire (PGD Big Boss 3rd place)
    Domains Of Chaos (PGD Multiplexity 5th place)

Upgraded to News Post.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

i can't get it to work in freepascal under win32, it errors with this:

C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjdapimin.pas(3,2) Warning: Unsupported switch "$N"
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(116,49) Warning: Procedure type "FAR" ignored
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(295,53) Warning: Procedure type "FAR" ignored
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(300,44) Warning: Local variable "buffer" does not seem to be initialized
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(300,44) Error: Argument can't be assigned to
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(319,68) Warning: Procedure type "FAR" ignored
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(351,74) Warning: Procedure type "FAR" ignored
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(418,54) Warning: Procedure type "FAR" ignored
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(438,21) Error: Wrong number of parameters specified
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(116,11) Hint: Found declaration: error_exit(j_common_ptr)
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(439,23) Error: Wrong number of parameters specified
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(319,11) Hint: Found declaration: emit_message(j_common_ptr, LongInt)
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(440,25) Error: Wrong number of parameters specified
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(295,11) Hint: Found declaration: output_message(j_common_ptr)
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(441,25) Error: Wrong number of parameters specified
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(351,11) Hint: Found declaration: format_message(j_common_ptr,var ShortString)
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(442,26) Error: Wrong number of parameters specified
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(418,11) Hint: Found declaration: reset_error_mgr(j_common_ptr)
    C:\appbuilder\imaginglib0220\Imaging\Source\JpegLi b\imjerror.pas(461) Fatal: There were 6 errors compiling module, stopping
    any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

edit: seems like {$mode delphi} helps ;)
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

That is strange. All JpegLib files in Imaging include imjconfig.inc where MODE DELPHI is defined for FPC. Where did you add that {$mode delphi} that helped?

You can also change this in ImagingJpeg unit:
    {$DEFINE IMJPEGLIB}
    { $DEFINE PASJPEG}
    to
    { $DEFINE IMJPEGLIB}
    {$DEFINE PASJPEG}
    which will tell Imaging to use FPC's own pasjpeg. This seems to work without setting MODE somewhere.
    Vampyre Imaging Library

I added it before uses line, it is that i tried to use vampyre with delphi 4, and edited the compiler definitions include a bit trying to get it to work with D4, but later i undoed it all (or i thought i did), so maybe it was this problem.

I have found where the problem is:
    {$I imjconfig.inc} is right after uses now in JpegLib, but MODE must be before uses to work. I had delphi mode hard-coded in fpc.cfg so I didn't notice anything (and it somehow worked in Linux and BSD). I'll update the files and commit them to SVN repository.

Did you have any success getting Imaging work in D4?
    Vampyre Imaging Library

Looks very appetizing. I'll try to use it in my engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Galfar
    I have found where the problem is:
    {$I imjconfig.inc} is right after uses now in JpegLib, but MODE must be before uses to work. I had delphi mode hard-coded in fpc.cfg so I didn't notice anything (and it somehow worked in Linux and BSD). I'll update the files and commit them to SVN repository.

Did you have any success getting Imaging work in D4?
    No, i haven't tried since, but i got it to work with delphi 7 winxp and ported it flawlessly (100% same code works) to lazarus running in kubuntu linux

This library is worth gold, it's great for all sort of graphical utils and i think i'll use it in any further graphical apps i will be making (and i make quite some graphical manipulation tools for games), i can certainly already see how much pain it would save me if i had it 2-3 years ago.. (delphi & scanline & pixelformat mess)..

No, i haven't tried since, but i got it to work with delphi 7 winxp and ported it flawlessly (100% same code works) to lazarus running in kubuntu linux
    Good to hear it works ok, I mainly develop in Win32 and do Linux testing in Mandrake and Fedora x64 before major releases.

i can certainly already see how much pain it would save me if i had it 2-3 years ago.. (delphi & scanline & pixelformat mess)..
    Well, that "mess" is basically why I started Imaging few years ago, originally for loading textures
    without dependencies on VCL or some DLLs.

i think i'll use it in any further graphical apps i will be making (and i make quite some graphical manipulation tools for games)
    Any new features you would like to see in the library?
    Vampyre Imaging Library

Quote Originally Posted by Galfar
    i think i'll use it in any further graphical apps i will be making (and i make quite some graphical manipulation tools for games)
    Any new features you would like to see in the library?
    Not really, it's quite fast and it got all the important features i need, just the error message callbacks i mentioned in PMs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast