Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pascal Dev Guides

Pascal Dev Guides

You're failing to mention Turbo Delphi.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries

Pascal Dev Guides

Selling Asphyre short? I don't think so. Documentation about the library is very sparse and I don't use it myself so some information was missing/incorrect to start with. I had put in GPL as default, but hadn't gotten to the license yet. No bias here.

Turbo Delphi is on the list. (3rd down)

Can anyone tell me if any/which of these work on Vista(or any Win64)?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Pascal Dev Guides

If I remember someone used Asphyre on Vista, but I can't remember whom. That's mostly just Delphi version and not library specific; same for win64. So they should work there.

Considering that Yuriy is working to make games, Asphyre, and documentation I say cut him some slack there. Not to mention the total, from-the-ground-up rewrite changes a whole bunch of things that have to be documented.

Pascal Dev Guides

I meant on the Compiler Platform guide.

You mention Delphi for Win32, and under price you write '$847-1999'.
    If you're new to programming or Pascal it may be nice to know, that you can obtain a copy of Delphi for free.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries

Pascal Dev Guides

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio
    I meant on the Compiler Platform guide.

You mention Delphi for Win32, and under price you write '$847-1999'.
    If you're new to programming or Pascal it may be nice to know, that you can obtain a copy of Delphi for free.
    Huh... you're right. Don't know how that slipped by me. I thought to split the 2 new commercial products but completely forgot the free Turbo version.

Ok, I'll be sure to put Turbo on it. *bad WILL! bad!* :lol:

As for Asphyre, I agree that Yuriy has done a great job with it over the years. It was the 1st independent game library after DelphiX and it's still going. So I have nothing but respect for it and the work he's done. But it is a well known fact that documentation is well not there. It happens in a lot of 1-man projects. But he has done a great job of maintaining a set of support forums for the library. Without those I think he might have gotten the lib to be quite as successful as they have been in recent years. And it is an excellent library. [size=9px](Good enough for TANX which won last year's PGD Annual )[/size]

For Win64, I have everything in ? [size=9px](at least I do in my current version, I might have slopped a stray X in there though)[/size] just because 'I don't know'. <sup>(tm)</sup> It happens.

If I had a machine that ran Vista [size=9px](it'll never happen)[/size] I'd test some demos myself, but I'm gonna have to rely on you good people to keep me informed.

Guide is updated, I'm going to massage it a bit more weeding out any remaining ?s and boo-boos. I'll probably publish it on the front page tonight after work. (Real busy today for some reason. :scratch
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Pascal Dev Guides

What about Quadruple D?
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Pascal Dev Guides

Wow, that does look impressive. Looks like there is some sign of Pascal life left in Japan.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Pascal Dev Guides

Free Pascal supports PowerPC 64, Lazarus runs fine on win64 as of late, and also Lazarus runs on amd64 nicely too (native I mean)

On library side, GLScene works with Lazaurs/fpc on Linux 32 bits atleast partially (we still miss fullscreen and fonts, but other things work)
    Feel the power of Open Source.
    <br />Feel the power of Free Pascal.

Blog Entries

Pascal Dev Guides

Ok, I've updated the Compiler list...

GLScene still has Linux support as partial. I'd consider fullscreen a rather major feature. Once you get those completed, let me know and I'll put it as full.

Also have you guys gotten a project/showcase page up anywhere for the Linux port of GLScene? Would be a good idea if you wanted to promote it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Pascal Dev Guides

Will, when are you going to factor in my corrections for Asphyre?
    • Asphyre fully supports, and primarily supports, Turbo Delphi. And there is a Lazarus/FPC port of Asphyre 3.1 as well.
    • Asphyre has no official sound support of any kind. Squall is a user header by Ch@$er, not Yuriy.
    • Asphyre has built in Networking support via UDP and has since early v3.
    • Asphyre has native integration with Newton for Physics now.
    • Asphyre is licensed under the MPL 1.1, not the GPL. HUGE difference there. It is open-source as well. Only the betas were closed source.
    • Asphyre was developed by Yuriy Kotsarenko, whose website is Afterwarp.net; I don't know if he's keeping this name for anything but Asphyre either.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast