Not at all czar. In fact you are right from an experienced programmer's perspective. DelphiX is a very old component library carried over all these years. But it does have some merit for a 'new to game programming' stance.

To get to the point that you and I and the rest of those more experienced here are at, we had to learn the Pascal language and basic programming concepts, OOP, graphics APIs and graphics hardware concepts, basic game design concepts and several years of learning what works, what doesn't work and which is best for us individually. Thats quite a bit to swallow for a new guy.

I think to use a library like DelphiX to it's fullest would be for the newcomers just starting out. The community at large has matured as a whole so it's no longer the most popular of libraries, but it still has it uses.

In fact I was going to suggest that we start porting it over to Lazarus to take advantage of some of the recent developments that IDE has brought about more recently. It obviously would only be useful on the Windows version, but still. Free IDE, free library = free development setup to learn before you move on to the bigger/better stuff.

Hence why Dom and I are so adamant about keeping the DelphiX flame alive here on PGD. It's a part of our history as a whole, but it can also help others get into our community as well.