Thread: Linking problem with C++.

Linking problem with C++.

System: Windows XP Professional + CPU: Intel Pentium III 933MHZ, Memory: 384MB of SDRAM)
    Compiler/IDE: C++ Builder 2006
    Libraries/API: BASS Audio Library. (the latest version)
    __________________________________________________ __________

Hello.

I know that this is a pascal forum, but i've seen many C++ programmers here and Pascal is similar to C++. This is also closely related to Pascal in some ways.

Please forgive me...

I am having a problem with C++. I am using the BASS audio library. I am trying to initialize the library now, and C++ Builder keeps giving me this error: [Linker Error] Error: Unresolved external 'BASS_Init' referenced from D:\D-PT\WORK\MPROG\C++\TURBO C++ EXPLORER\KMPEE-9\DEBUG_BUILD\U_KMPEE_9.OBJ

Here is the code:

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#include <vcl>
    #pragma hdrstop

#include "U_KMPEE_9.h"
    #include "bass.h"
    #include "string.h"
    #pragma package(smart_init)
    #pragma resource "*.dfm"
    TFKMPEE *FKMPEE;
    __fastcall TFKMPEE::TFKMPEE(TComponent* Owner)
    : TForm(Owner)
    {
    HWND win;
    BASS_Init(-1, 44100, 0, win, NULL);
    }

I already included the directory of the .dll, .lib, and .h files in the search path in the options. The dll, lib, and h file are all in the same directory.

Could someone please help me?

Thank you.
    Nicholas.
    <br />
    <br />Please join: http://holzstukka.proboards81.com

Did you add the appropriate *.lib file to your project? If is only in path does not mean nothing.
    Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 30-03-2012 at 04:51 PM.

I think you need to put the .lib on the apropriated folder,
    and change something on project options change something (i don't remember exactly)
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!