Thread: Nock 'em Dead Car racer

Nock 'em Dead Car racer

Hi everyone, here's another game that I've been working on written in Object Pascal using Delphi 6 and DelphiX. You have to drive your car to the finish line but in order to win you have to run over all men/monsters in your path :-)

Thanks to everyone on this site who helped me when I got stuck and thanks to AthenaOfDelphi for teaching me OO programming :-)

I know that the explosions needs to be animated and a couple of other things needs work but I'd appreciate it if you could download and tell me what you think :-)

http://w13.easy-share.com/2967701.html

Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Nock 'em Dead Car racer

Great Start. I've bumped it to news item.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Nock 'em Dead Car racer

Thanks Savage!!!

Nock 'em Dead Car racer

Why are there cyclists riding up the side of my screen, outside of the game window? and a girl draped over a sports car... is this intentional?.. they appear to have nothing to do with the main game window.

Also, I run a dual screen setup.. the window is placed half way between the two and there doesn't appear to be a way to move them.

Tip: If you have a windowed application, give the user some way to move the window, keep the title bar or something. Also, unexpected graphics on the screen look worrying... not something I was expecting and I though perhaps that I'd installed something dodgey.

Apart from these comments, it seems pretty cool... very much in the spy hunter mold.. keep up the good work

Nock 'em Dead Car racer

The cyclists and the girl are intentional :-) Just thought I'd add something out of the ordinary and play around with an invisible form a bit, but you're right it does not have much to do with the main form. Sorry about the scare

Regarding the moving of the window I placed it at the centre of the desktop but I'll keep in mind that the user would want to move the app. Thanks for the tip :-)

Thanks also for the feedback, it's nice to share stuff with people who understand the challenge of game programming

Re: Nock 'em Dead Car racer

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
    You have to drive your car to the finish line but in order to win you have to run over all men/monsters in your path :-)
    Death Race 2000 remade in Delphi?

Certainly Machine Gun Joe Viterbo AKA Sly Stallone have not lived without purpose ;-)

Doei RIF

Nock 'em Dead Car racer

It's interesting that my game should have some connotations to other games/genres as it was my own creation/idea