Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allegro.pas, a wrapper to use Allegro in Pascal.

Allegro.pas, a wrapper to use Allegro in Pascal.

Some of you knows about it yet (thanks for the help, guys), but today is the official anouncement.

I'm working in a wrapper for the Allegro game library named Allegro.pas. It's incomplete, but it's possible to create games now. If you want to use it and/or help me with documentation or coding, just let me know.

Now, here's the link (drumroll...):

As you see, it still need a lot of work, but I think I'm on the right way.
    No signature provided yet.

I've promoted your post to being a news item, in the hope that more people will jump on board and help out.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Thanks!

Awesome. I've been waiting for a Pascal port of Allegro for ages.
    Game-Dev Journal: http://skirmish.dreamhosters.com/devlog/

Do you mean you'll use it? If you'll do, please tell me what do you think about it.

sdl

So SDL for pascal is really good. Then I must start to use it. It works over free pascal
    Live programming, eat programming, breath programming and die programming

Re: sdl

Quote Originally Posted by yassersoft
    So SDL for pascal is really good. Then I must start to use it. It works over free pascal
    Are you asking if Allegro.pas works over Free Pascal, aren't you? If so, the answer is "Yes, it do".

By the way, note that it would be a bit "tricky", can't us it on Linux (see this thread) and the documentation isn't complete.

Now I can't fix it (real life is hard ) but I'll do it.

If you're asking about SDL... I don't know

I'm back

As I said somewhere real life beats me so I was out of business for a long time. Fortunately now everything is solved so I can resume my old projects.

So I've updated and improved Allegro.pas and I've decided to search for testers before to finish the Allegro.pas' Demo Game (which will be released in version 4.2.1Beta 2). I've uploaded it here (temporal downlad site). Note that you would need the binary versions of Allegro and Allegro.pas (direct links to download). You'll need only the DLL files.

Thanks in advance for any bug report, patch, fix or comment.

Looks nice ?ëu?±o. I've downloaded this 'cause it looks interesting, and I've very shortly (a couple painful weeks?) used Allegro with C++ (MinGW). I'll install it one of those days and try to test it, though unfortunately certain things in real life are forcing me to stop my programming pursuits.

Beta 3 released

Here I am again with a new beta version, which fixes problems with the graphics clipping and the function that assigns the window's title. It should work now. The binary package includes also tools to create packed data files (previous versions haven't them), the whole precompiled library and the Allegro DLL file, so if you download this the source package and the original Allegro package aren't necessary.

All tests, comments and suggestions will be welcomed.

Mandatory links to the download page.

[p.s] I'm sorry because I started a new thread when I released the beta 2 version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast