Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix 2D Game Engine V1.0

Phoenix 2D Game Engine V1.0

Found the movement bug in the collision engine;

Code:
    //------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    procedure TPHXCollisionObject.SetPosition(const Value: TVector2f);
    begin
      if &#40;FPosition.X <> Value.X&#41; and &#40;FPosition.Y <> Value.Y&#41; then begin
        FPosition &#58;= Value;

Moved&#58;= True;
      end;
    end;
    wich should be
    Code:
    //------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    procedure TPHXCollisionObject.SetPosition&#40;const Value&#58; TVector2f&#41;;
    begin
      if &#40;FPosition.X <> Value.X&#41; or &#40;FPosition.Y <> Value.Y&#41; then begin
        FPosition &#58;= Value;

Moved&#58;= True;
      end;
    end;
    And Joshas error is a thing i've overlooked in the collision handling for circles, i have to test the distance between each vertex and the circle aswell as the seperating axis for the polygon. This will be fixed in the next (soon to come) release.

jdarling: That would be really awesome, looking forward to it, the gui is a good starting point (hiding and showing controls, setting postions ect)

I will include a messagesystem to communicate from the scripts to the different components when we start the scripting integration aswell.

wagenheimer: No there's no path editor in the current version, will try to get one together before the next version.

Today i've written a QuadTree class that i will add to the sprite engine asweell, will speed things up considerably (in the demo i have 100k objects that's getting rendered and collision detected at 700fps). Ok just rectangles for the objects but still
    Amnoxx

Oh, and this code appears to be an approximate replacement for return(random() & 0x01);

Phoenix Wiki
    http://www.phoenixlib.net/

Phoenix Forum
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/viewforum.php?f=71

Err... I got a bunch of "eleif" errors in phxLogger. Starting at line 315 it should read:[pascal] {$IFDEF FPC}
    {$IFDEF VER1}
    WriteLn(FLogFile, ' <compiler>Free Pascal 1.x.x</compiler>');
    {$ELSIF VER1_0}
    WriteLn(FLogFile, ' <compiler>Free Pascal 1.x.x</compiler>');
    {$ELSE}
    WriteLn(FLogFile, ' <compiler>Free Pascal</compiler>');
    {$ENDIF}
    {$ELSE}
    {$IFDEF VER180}
    WriteLn(FLogFile, ' <compiler>Delphi 2006</compiler>');
    {$ELSEIF VER170}
    WriteLn(FLogFile, ' <compiler>Delphi 2006</compiler>');
    {$ELSEIF VER160}
    WriteLn(FLogFile, ' <compiler>Delphi 8</compiler>');
    {$ELSEIF VER150}
    WriteLn(FLogFile, ' <compiler>Delphi 7</compiler>');
    {$ELSEIF VER140}
    WriteLn(FLogFile, ' <compiler>Delphi 6</compiler>');
    {$ELSEIF VER130}
    WriteLn(FLogFile, ' <compiler>Delphi 5</compiler>');
    {$ELSE}
    WriteLn(FLogFile, ' <compiler>Delphi</compiler>');
    {$IFEND}
    {$ENDIF}[/pascal]I hate the IFEND/ENDIF differences too. :roll:

Wow, lots of progress I see! Now we need to start documenting everything and getting things stable so no one is lost! I'm also very surprised to see Lua in there, would you tell me a little about how to use it in its native form?

Can I request package abstraction? I have been working on a packager that is efficient and game-specific that even beats a Zip in compression time and size with encryption enabled. I'd kind of like to be able to tie that in with a handler unit.

Great to hear that version 1.0 is finally here
    however I'm missing the tile engine Have you dropped it or is it comming in an upcoming release?
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Not sure if it's really a bug, but until I haven't added font loading to my project (before image list loading procedure), sprites showed up as white rectangles.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshas
    Not sure if it's really a bug, but until I haven't added font loading to my project (before image list loading procedure), sprites showed up as white rectangles.
    You'd have to paste your code to see what's going on there.

The tile engine is in the pipe, was some design issues that made it not in the 1.0 release.
    Amnoxx

Oh, and this code appears to be an approximate replacement for return(random() & 0x01);

Phoenix Wiki

Phoenix Forum

My own code is too messy to paste it here, it would be faster to take Sprites demo and comment out every line using fonts (from loading to showing). At the end you get only white boxes instead of sprites.

Works for me;

Code:
    procedure MainLoop;
      var Screen&#58; TPHXScreen;
      var Timer &#58; TPHXTimer;
      var Images&#58; TPHXImageList;

var Input &#58; TPHXInput;
      var SpriteEngine&#58; TPHXSpriteEngine;

var Font  &#58; TPHXFont;

NumSprites   &#58; Integer;
      NumCollisions&#58; Integer;
    begin
      // Create the window
      Screen&#58;=TPHXScreen.getInstance&#40;&#41;;

// Open the window
      Screen.Open&#40;'Phoenix Sprite Demo', -1, -1, 800, 600&#41;;

Screen.Color&#58;= clrBlack;

//Font&#58;=TPHXFont.Create;
      //Font.LoadFont&#40;'Arial16.phxfnt'&#41;;

Images&#58;= TPHXImageList.Create;
      Images.LoadImage&#40;'1945.phximg'&#41;;

SpriteEngine&#58;= TPHXSpriteEngine.Create;
      SpriteEngine.ImageList&#58;= Images;

// Create a new layer with our spriteset
      SpriteEngine.Layers.Add&#40; TPHXSpriteLayer.Create&#40; SpriteEngine, '1945.png' &#41; &#41;;

// Create some sprites, see DemoSprites.pas
      CreateSprites&#40;SpriteEngine, Images&#41;;

Input&#58;= TPHXInput.Create;
      Input.Keyboard.KeyBinding&#91;isButton1&#93;&#58;= KeyBinding&#40;VK_SPACE&#41;;
      Input.Keyboard.KeyBinding&#91;isButton2&#93;&#58;= KeyBinding&#40; Ord&#40;'B'&#41;, Ord&#40;'2'&#41;&#41;;
      Input.Keyboard.KeyBinding&#91;isButton3&#93;&#58;= KeyBinding&#40; Ord&#40;'C'&#41;, Ord&#40;'3'&#41;&#41;;
      Input.Keyboard.KeyBinding&#91;isButton4&#93;&#58;= KeyBinding&#40; VK_DELETE&#41;;

Screen.Color&#58;= Color4f&#40;0, 67 / 255, 171 / 255, 0&#41;;

Timer&#58;= TPHXTimer.Create;
      repeat
        Input.Update;
        Timer.Update;

Player.Input&#40;Input, Timer.FrameTime&#41;;

SpriteEngine.Move&#40;Timer.FrameTime&#41;;

// The collision detection is quite expensive, there will be improvements to this later on
        // It can be helped alot with the collisiongroups through
        NumCollisions&#58;=SpriteEngine.CollisionTest;

// Clear the window
        Screen.Clear&#40;&#41;;

if Player.Lives > 0 then begin

NumSprites&#58;=SpriteEngine.Render&#40;Screen.Width, Screen.Height&#41;;

SpriteEngine.WorldY&#58;= SpriteEngine.WorldY - Timer.FrameTime * 100;

Player.Y&#58;= Player.Y  - Timer.FrameTime * 100;

end else begin

NumSprites&#58;= 0;

if Trunc&#40;Timer.ElapsedTime * 2&#41; mod 2 = 0 then
           // Font.TextOut&#40;&#40;Screen.Width - Font.TextWidth&#40;GameOverText&#41;&#41; div 2, &#40;Screen.Height - Font.TextHeight&#40;GameOverText&#41;&#41; div 2, GameOverText, clrYellow&#41;
          else
          //  Font.TextOut&#40;&#40;Screen.Width - Font.TextWidth&#40;GameOverText&#41;&#41; div 2, &#40;Screen.Height - Font.TextHeight&#40;GameOverText&#41;&#41; div 2, GameOverText, clrRed&#41;;

end;

//  Font.TextOut&#40;400, 4 + Font.LineHeight * 0, Format&#40;'Lives&#58; %d', &#91;Player.Lives&#93;&#41;&#41;;
     //   Font.TextOut&#40;400, 4 + Font.LineHeight * 1, Format&#40;'Score&#58; %d', &#91;Player.Score&#93;&#41;&#41;;

// Font.TextOut&#40;5, 5 + Font.LineHeight * 0, Format&#40;'FPS&#58; %d', &#91;Timer.FrameRate&#93;&#41; &#41;;
       // Font.TextOut&#40;5, 5 + Font.LineHeight * 1, Format&#40;'Sprites&#58; %d / %d', &#91;NumSprites, SpriteEngine.Sprites.Count&#93;&#41;&#41;;
      //  Font.TextOut&#40;5, 5 + Font.LineHeight * 2, Format&#40;'Collisions&#58; %d', &#91;NumCollisions&#93;&#41;&#41;;

// Flip the buffers
        Screen.Flip&#40;&#41;;

until &#40;Screen.Visible = False&#41;;

Images.Free;

Font.Free;
    end;
    Amnoxx

Phoenix Wiki

Phoenix Forum

Here's what I get:

[size=7px]Compiled with Delphi 7 PE. ATI Radeon 9250 video card.[/size]
    Maybe hardware problems? But everything works correctly when using with fonts.

Still doesnt make any real sense to me, cant really figure out if it's a hw problem or a bug in phx or what. The code would still be really helpfull to figure it out
    Amnoxx

Phoenix Wiki

Phoenix Forum

Are the sprites that are using "Power of two" Textures?

Some video cards have problems in handling textures not power of two!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast