Hey Andy, I've been worked with ll of the keyboard, joystick and mouse controls under SDL myself so if you don't understand something feel free to ask, I should know the answer.

I've created my own library to extend the usage of the existing SDL functions allowing for user-defined controls and such.

One of the tricky parts was figuring out a way to detect mouse wheel scrolling. I did this by creating a record/class that simply turned on a flag for the appropriate direction once the MWB event was found in the event queue. I also made a 'ResetMouse' function that would take down the flag as there was no other was to detect that the user has stopped scrolling. Doesn't exist as far as JEDI-SDL BETA 1 is concerned.

If you run your own reset code after you are done your player controls functionality code, it should be a simple matter of waiting to see if the wheel is scrolled again the next frame. I actually found this to be a simple and easy and accurate way to determine if the player is scrolling currently or not.