Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: irrPascal :: Irrlicht for Pascal

irrPascal :: Irrlicht for Pascal

I'm currently writting Pascal wrapper for Irrlicht engine. It's not much right now, but, you can at least create Irrlicht device, use logger and cursor controll

I want to finish events, video driver and scene manager first, and then the rest. I think I could write wrapper so you can use ALL Irrlicht functionality.

Download archive contains C++ wrapper dynamic loading library, Pascal units, test program (Delphi and Lazarus project files) . Windows binary and source codes are included. To compile C++ wrapper you will need Irrlicht source code.

http://www.geocities.com/srki_82/irrPascal.zip

Finally, the dream come true - Irrlicht & Pascal. Good luck!

Edit: couldn't get it to work, all I get is "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0150002)." error message.

Works for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing Irrlicht in Pascal.
    Vampyre Imaging Library
    Earth Under Fire (PGD Big Boss 3rd place)
    Domains Of Chaos (PGD Multiplexity 5th place)

Quote Originally Posted by Joshas
    Edit: couldn't get it to work, all I get is "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0150002)." error message.
    It would be great if you could debug test application and tell me where does this error ocure. I tried it on several computers and it worked. Only problem is exiting fullscreen. I get access violation when I run program from Lazarus, but no error when I run binary file outside Lazarus.

Finally, the dream come true - Irrlicht & Pascal.
    If you want to use Delphi.NET and Irrlicht, I posted some examples of this a couple of years ago on the Irrlicht wiki.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

I've tried to run it just after unpacking, also compile from Delphi 7 PE IDE - results are the same. Delphi stops right after IrrDevice declaration. No luck with Lazarus either (debugger error, because process is not running). Maybe I'm missing some dll files or have overlooked something very obvious?
    Haven't tried .NET yet, I prefer plain old Objet Pascal .

UPDATE:
    Here's what I got form Dependency Walker:
    Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "d:\temp\irrpascal\irrlicht\IRRPASCAL.DLL" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).
    Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
    Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
    It also shows that I'm missing a MSVCR80.DLL, but after downloading it and putting in the same folder as irrpascal.dll problem still exists.

UPDATE2 - Workaround:
    I've imported IrrPascal VC Studio project to CodeBlocks and compiled with GCC, then just replaced Irrlicht.dll with GCC one and everything is working. Downside might be bigger size of GCC compiled dll files.

UPDATE2 - Workaround:
    I've imported IrrPascal VC Studio project to CodeBlocks and compiled with GCC, then just replaced Irrlicht.dll with GCC one and everything is working. Downside might be bigger size of GCC compiled dll files.
    I compiled both Irrlicht.dll and IrrPascal.dll with Visual C++ Express and that seams to be the problem. GCC compiler is probably better choice because there is no dependecise to msvcxxxx.dll

File size can be reduced using upx

I'm opening irr-pascal project on sourceforge. When they activate project, all sources will be hosted there.

I worked little on wrapper dll and it now fully supports irrlicht device, cursor control, event reciver, logger, os operator and video mode list. Limited support is there for file system (IXMLxxxx classes are not yet supported), video driver and scene manager.

Nodes, meshes, cameras, lights and others are not yet supported.

As soon as I complete Pascal units you will have new sources to download.

irrPascal is now on sourceforge.net: http://sourceforge.net/projects/irr-pascal

You can use SVN to get the latest sources. First package for download will be available when Irrlicht HelloWorld is compiled in Pascal

I've downloaded (or should I say "checked out") the SVN version<STRIKE>, but while compiling IrrTest I've got some Access Violations somewhere in CreateDevice function, so I think I'll wait for working HelloWorld example</STRIKE>.
    Sorry, false alarm. It seems that someone forgot to update IrrTest Delphi project with new source code . Everything works neatly on Lazarus.
    And it seems that to make it work on Delphi copy-paste approach is not enough - window doesn't paint in blue color, it is just "see-through". I wonder, what difference between Delphi and Free Pascal (Lazarus) makes this happen?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast