Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SibVRV Fast Compiler (Pascal Language)

Blog Entries

SibVRV Fast Compiler (Pascal Language)

I think he means something like this: http://www.codegear.com/article/3437...tasheet_v4.pdf

However, I think you'd want something a bit more technical than a list of 'doodads' and visual features that come packaged and have nothing to do with the compiler or it's capability and performance as one.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Oops, my mistake! A useful list of features does exist, but it was listed under 'Feature Matrix' instead: http://www.codegear.com/article/3437...hi-2007-fm.pdf

I think this is what Delphi was asking for. I would like the others compare it to the other existing ones (for now) just as you are developing to get a sense of where you are taking the compiler from a design perspective.

Since it is new, these first few years of development will define the focus on technology you use and in turn it's purpose if taken into popular use.

And for those that think this might be a redundant effort; Remember that FPK-*ahem*-Free Pascal was originally made as a fun 'hobby' project by Florian Kl?§mpfl several years ago.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

The more compilers the better. However, it doesn't make sense to copy a compiler, but rather to specialize your compiler. I.e. during the first years FPC did provide 32-bit computing power, something not possible with BP. Later, the focus did shift to cross platform development, not possible with Delphi.

If you specialize your compiler, and on the other hand make code exchange between compilers easy, it will grow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234