Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SibVRV Fast Compiler (Pascal Language)

SibVRV Fast Compiler (Pascal Language)

I would be interested in helping, but I have too many other projects at the moment. In particular I'm always interested in pascal-compilers that can generate exe-files smaller than FPC and Delphi. Right now I'm using Delphi + KOL System unit replacement to for making small exe-files.
    ZGameEditor - Develop 64kb games for Windows.
    Thrust for Vectrex - ROM-file and 6809 source code.

Quote Originally Posted by VilleK
    I would be interested in helping, but I have too many other projects at the moment. In particular I'm always interested in pascal-compilers that can generate exe-files smaller than FPC and Delphi. Right now I'm using Delphi + KOL System unit replacement to for making small exe-files.
    Real problen in Delphi and C++ is speed of result code. sometimes ultra slow.
    programs created in asm have speed up ~ > 10%-5000% and size much smaller than equal in delphi and c++.

Quote Originally Posted by www.sibvrv.com
    Real problen in Delphi and C++ is speed of result code. sometimes ultra slow.
    programs created in asm have speed up ~ > 10%-5000% and size much smaller than equal in delphi and c++.
    i thought asm is machine code.. hand crafted x86 beats any compiler, but doing that on a 64 bit cpu is overkill, you can't beat teh compiler there with all the registers and stuff.
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

What is KOL system unit ?
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
    Key Objects Library, a replacement "System" unit to make applications smaller, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
    Key Objects Library, a replacement "System" unit to make applications smaller, etc.
    Favorited, thx =]
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

I am wondering why you started a new pascal compiler instead of joining FPC team and help them to make FPC?

Quote Originally Posted by wodzu
    I am wondering why you started a new pascal compiler instead of joining FPC team and help them to make FPC?
    i created new one because i trying to make it independed.
    1. syntax check and analize code.
    2. make logic and structures.
    3. translate code to other platforms.
    4. save result as asm or c++ or some else to compile it on other platforms.

Blog Entries

Tells ya what? Why don't you add MIPS? It would then have an edge of it's own...

btw, have you read 'Let's Build a Compiler' by Jack Crenshaw?

http://compilers.iecc.com/crenshaw/
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Huh! MIPS sure looks to be handy, even though I had to look it up. Add that and you'll sure get me looking a little more closely. Especially if you support 90% of the Object Pascal standards over time!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast