System: Windows XP
Compiler/IDE: Lazarus (latest update)
API: OpenGL

Hey all,

I need some serious help. :roll:
For a long time I thought games didn't need to look realistic to be good games, so everything I made was made of cubes and triangles, coloured with the very simple glColor3f(r,b,g) call.

Then I realised on the many forums in this website that people do truly stunningly realistic things using textures. So I read about bumpmapping, mipmapping, megatextures and many more techniques which made me NEED to learn how to do all of that.

A few months ago, I went through two tutorials on the internet about texture mapping (including Nehe's 6th tutorial on that topic) but I never managed to get a single picture on my screen, and had so many problems that I gave up.
Some of the problems I had can be found on this thread:
http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...er=asc&start=0 (look at the last posts rather than the early ones)
which I started thinking I'd find a solution.

I have decided now to resume my efforts and learn about texture mapping, which I believe is the first step to the other more complex techniques of mapping.

I would like to ask all of you
- if you know tutorials on the subject, on the internet, which DO work
- if you know, after reading the thread given above, what I did wrong in my previous attempts
- if you have a simple and well commented program which I could learn from

In short, if you can please help me out learning about texture mapping and/or other better techniques to fill polygons with pictures.

Thanks a lot!