Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandwidth Exceeded messages...

Bandwidth Exceeded messages...

Hi guys,
    Just to let you know, we are experiencing unusually high bandwidth uptake this month due to the competition coming to an end. We seem to be slashdotted from a site called http://indygamer.blogspot.com/ and the download of most of the games. Just yesterday the site consumed 2GB worth of data in just one day. I have just paid for an additional 15GB in the hope that it will get us to the end of the month.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Dom, let me know where the penny jar is so I can put 50p in the slot.

Wow, looks like PGD is getting attention and growing pains.

Savage, have you considered selling Text-Link-Ads to support the site? They're pretty unintrusive and can really help keep it afloat.

I've always said I don't want intrusive adverts on a site that I own and I don't plan on starting now. I think having the Amazon links are enough for now.

I'll monitor how the bandwidth goes next month and re-assess then. I may put up a PayPal donation link, but I'm reluctant to do that either.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Btw, the wierd thing is that we increased out bandwidth to 60GB a month about 4 months ago, and this is the first time we've surpassed it. At the time we were just hitting 24GB per month.

Have you considered to put the competition's downloads on a file storage host, like bigupload.com and so on?
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

If you looked instead of jumped to a conclusion, you would find that TLA is completely non-intrusive. You pick the pages, the link offers, and the topic area for the site. If you want them only on the front page, then fine they'll buy as many as you pick for the front page.

For goodness sake, three links on the front page to help pay for bandwidth is nothing in my opinion. It's more questionable, to me, that you deny their use more than keep it one hundred percent ad free (beyond Amazon). I find Amazon ads more intrusive than relevant text ads.

Robert how have I jumped to conclusions? I looked at the link you provided and didn't feel that it would fit in with this site? Provide me with some URLs that "shows off" the Text-Link-Ads stuff and I may change my mind, but from what I read on the site itself, I'm not sold on the idea.

http://www.mybboard.net/ (bottom left, front page)
    http://www.coolestech.com/Main_Page ($50 USD a Month)

Those are two. And they're less intrusive then, say, the "PGD Annual Sponsors" list. They appear however you make them to.

:?
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast