Quote Originally Posted by M109uk
Can my project files directories have spaces in them?
my project directory is: "D:\pascal\My Software\Omega-R\src".
Oh yeah, thats perfectly fine, it's just the core units and RTL that need to be in a space-less path. All of your project paths can have spaces if you so choose.

At first i tried to convert it from Delphi, but that gave me soooo many headaches because of the extra propertise in delphi forms/components, so in the end i decided to start from a fresh lazarus project, but still using most of the Delphi units.
Yeah, thats what I do... it's almost easier than messing around with tools to do what you can just manually do in an hour or less between an open instance of Delphi and Lazarus.

One of the nice things about Lazarus is that you can choose a starting template that gets rid of all the GUI junk you won't need. Just choose 'Program' or 'Custom Program' under 'Project'.

Thanks i will turn on delphi compatability..
Note that this is a FPC setting not a Laz setting. Only the source will be compatible. All VCL components will have to be redone with LCL components instead. Though they do a decent job of making them quite similar if not a tad better in some ways.

Im also getting a lot of errors concerning duplicate variables...
for example:
[pascal]
dowhat: String;
function DoSomething(const dowhat: String): Boolean;
[/pascal]
i get the error on the "dowhat" in the function. is there a way around this as i have soooo many functions like this im hoping not to change them all.
Not sure on this one... Doesn't setting Delphi Compatibility mode on clear it up? This would definitely be a FPC question...