Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Way to change filter when loading images

Way to change filter when loading images

So if I resize my patterns to 32x32 (blank space on both sides of characters), and put some spacing between petterns, it will look better?

will it help if i in addition to that resized the spritesheet to the double size (so that a 32x32 sprite becomes a 64x64 sprite)?

Thx for the help!

I'm not sure if its the patternheight -width that should be a power of two as well, but the texture as a whole should be. (in your sample from Sep 22 it's 256x256)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    I'm not sure if its the patternheight -width that should be a power of two as well, but the texture as a whole should be. (in your sample from Sep 22 it's 256x256)
    Pattern sizes doesnt matter, only texture size does
    Amnoxx

Oh, and this code appears to be an approximate replacement for return(random() & 0x01);

Phoenix Wiki
    http://www.phoenixlib.net/

Phoenix Forum
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/viewforum.php?f=71

Your problem is from the render width of the sprite itself. Take a look at your rendered sprite in Pheonix and your 24x32 charas sprite sheet. The widths of the two are different (almost 4 pixels). Thus you are getting "Smooth Scaling" and thats not what you want. Make sure that when you render your sprites you are rendering them pixel for pixel.

Reading some of the other information, it also appears that you have overlapping pattern rectangles. Try scaling your images by hand in Photoshop to Power of 2 (I use 512x256 for Charas sheets) and see if things get cleaned up. If they do, then likely Phoenix isn't properly remembering the original image dims when it up scales the image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12