Since I'm a big fan of discussions and debates in general, because you can learn a lot and it is somehow quite a lot of fun, I thought I'd start a "big" debate here. If the MODs feel that it is somehow inappropriate or not wanted, I won't continue on with it, but I thought I could give it a try.

Well, since this is a game development forum, with loads of computer people who undoubtedly like The Matrix and The Matrix: Reloaded(Which, by the way, kicked some major *ss!!), I think I'll start with the Matrix.

Is the Matrix possible? And if it is possible, would it be a BAD thing to live in the matrix

Well, I do seriously believe that the Matrix would be possible, and that there is a possibility that we are actually in such a thing ourselves right now. It could be possible that all we are experiencing right now, is merely an illusion created by our brain. The very nice "dream" theory is just such a thing, how can you know that you are not currently in a dream(or in this case, a matrix), if the dream(or the matrix) is as vivid as real life?

And I doubt it would be bad to live in the matrix, as long as you were unaware of the free life outside of the matrix, for you, it would be a good life. Since you would know no difference with another world, you could lead a good life, and it would be as if it was a true life. Since you are experiencing it all as a normal life, there would be, for you, no difference with normal life, and thus, your life wouldn't be worse(and it might even be better) than outside the matrix.

Right, anyone??