Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GP2X/FPC Issues

GP2X/FPC Issues

Hello Paul,

for using static open2x - Libraries on GP2X i need to recompile all units with softfloat support. Has you find out, how to compile the units and the compiler with softfloat support?

regards
    Thomas

GP2X/FPC Issues

Quote Originally Posted by KidPaddle
    Hello Paul,

for using static open2x - Libraries on GP2X i need to recompile all units with softfloat support. Has you find out, how to compile the units and the compiler with softfloat support?

regards
    Thomas
    Hi Thomas,
    hmm...I am not sure how to do the softfloat support, I will try and find out for you.

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X/FPC Issues

Hi Paul,

thanks for helping. I had setup an envrioment with open2x libraries and i got a gp2x execution file. But starting on gp2x it crashed in function Mix_OpenAudio, i got always an accession voilation.

I have checked different libraries pack, open2 or default devkitgp2x, but i got always the same exception.

Cheers,
    Thomas

GP2X/FPC Issues

I have heard of, but never used open2x...only the standard gp2x firmware + devkitGP2X.

cheers,
    Paul.

GP2X/FPC Issues

I have installed your environment from your site http://fpc4gp2x.eonclash.com/ and compile your gp2x_tutorial successfully.

It runs under gp2x well. So added the unit SDL_Mixer and insert following lines:

Code:
    const
      cFrequenz        = MIX_DEFAULT_FREQUENCY; 
      cAudioFormat     = AUDIO_S16;
      cChannels        = MIX_DEFAULT_CHANNELS;
      cChunksize       = 128;
    After calling of SDL_Init, i add those lines:
    Code:
      if &#40;Mix_OpenAudio&#40;cFrequenz, cAudioFormat, cChannels, cChunksize&#41; < 0&#41;
      then begin
        WriteLn&#40;Format&#40;'Couldn''t set %d Hz audio\n- Reason&#58; %s', &#91;cFrequenz,  SDL_GetError&#40;&#41;&#93;&#41;&#41;;
      end;
    And, what happen? Yes, it crashed on gp2x in function Mix_OpenAudio.

Any idea what i can do?

cheers,
    Thomas

Blog Entries

GP2X/FPC Issues

Hi KidPaddle, welcome to PGD!

You're posts were somewhat off-topic in the other thread so I split them off into this new one.

I hope that you are able to resolve your GP2X issues! Console development is a very new and exciting area of game programming in this community of late.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

GP2X/FPC Issues

Will: thanks for moving this to a new thread :-)

KidPaddle: I have also had issues with SDL_Mixer on the GP2X and have not resolved them myself yet, sorry

It is something I have been meaning to do...I have gotten a different version of the devkitGP2X + SDL libs to see if that helps but I haven't had time to test it.

Also I am planning on building the crosscompiler from the new 2.2.0 freepascal sources to see if that helps as well.

cheers,
    Paul

GP2X/FPC Issues

@WILL

Thanks for splitting the thread.

@Paul
    Ok, thanks for response.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Blog Entries

GP2X/FPC Issues

You guys should touch base with Dom(savage) about the SDL side of things. He is pretty good at allowing support for most platforms that are really only partially available on developing compilers. ie. GBA and NDS

He might be able to provide some extra insight for you.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

GP2X/FPC Issues

I figure out, that there is a problem in pthread - library.

[code]
    (gdb) backtrace
    #0 0x00092f34 in __pthread_initialize_manager ()
    #1 0x00093384 in pthread_create ()
    #2 0x000623ac in SDL_SYS_CreateThread (thread=0x277b48, args=0x277e6 at SDL_systhread.c:99
    #3 0x00061e34 in SDL_CreateThread (fn=0x1ee990 <SDL_Threads>, data=<value>) at SDL_thread.c:257
    #4 0x0005406c in SDL_OpenAudio (desired=0xbffffd10, obtained=0x1eedb4) at SDL_audio.c:500
    #5 0x0007d744 in Mix_OpenAudio (frequency=513860, format=28164, nchannels=2321944, chunksize=<value>)
    at mixer.c:291
    #6 0x000089d8 in main () at fpc4gp2x.dpr:96

What are the next steps? I don't know.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast