Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DirectX and Turbo Delphi for .NET

DirectX and Turbo Delphi for .NET

I downloaded Turbo Delphi for .NET and would like to try creating some basic 3D application with DirectX 10... The question is, how do I start? Should I create a VCL Forms application, or console? Which units should I add to uses? And are there any examples on how to initialize the device? Thanks for all your help. I'll Google at the same time, and try to find some answers myself.

-Marco

Re: DirectX and Turbo Delphi for .NET

There are DX10 pascal headers avaliable ?
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

I don't know. Is Delphi able to use .NET libraries? Since it is using an intermediate language, I suppose it might be possible somehow...

Clootie has ported the DirectX 10 headers to pascal.. isn't it?

Check:

www.clootie.ru

They should work fine, just as the DX9 headers did. Just include them in your library path.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I think Delphi.Net have full suport calling functions from dlls, so you will have no problems
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Heh, thanks I'll try Clootie's headers.

Another question is: to deploy Delphi .NET applications for DX10, which packages do I have to pack with the .exe?

Sorry i dont know about .NET. In fact, i know so little about what .Net is and how it works, that i cannot tell whether clooties headers will work with .NET :?

You should give it a try
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

If you are using Turbo Delphi for .NET then you need to look at Managed DirectX examples. Clootie provide headers for UNmanaged DirectX development, so they will/should NOT work with .NET.

The Managed DirectX Assemblies ship with DirectX 9 and 10 SDK and also as part of the latest Runtime available from
    https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...displaylang=en

A recap of What Managed Direct X is can be summarised as follows:
    # A functionally equivalent wrapper around the normal DirectX API for .NET

# Providing very good performance while offering the productivity gain of coding in .NET

# On its way to becoming a prime game development platform, with the recent XNA
    announcement and the general Microsoft push toward .NET
    There are also some Managed DirectX 9 Demos that I ported to Delphi.NET back in 2004 over @ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/J...s/DirectX9.zip
    that were never publicly released. There are 34 demos so far, including a slightly fixed PointSprites demo and added Voice over IP demo ( untested ).

If I could find another 2 hours in the day I would port these to work with Highlander.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Thanks savage. But if I can't use Clootie's headers in Delphi .NET, which units can I use from the .NET framework. I mean, in the uses clause, which unit names do I place?

Are those examples available somewhere else, it seems I have to create an account at Yahoo to get them.

Finally, what is "Highlander", some immortal of the Delphi clan?

Regards!

For .NET there is no concept of headers. That is the beauty of it. You just add the assembly to your .NET project, regardless of .NET language ) and you can use all the methods, functions types etc straight away.

Highlander is the next version of Delphi, which has just been released ( or is about to be released ).
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast