Hey that's great news!

Yesterday I ran the examples, and they work great. I was very excited, I thought I would have to learn C# to make managed DX applications.

I see the syntax in Delphi for .NET haven't changed a lot (I'm using Delphi 7). Now there are some questions:

1. What's the benefit of DX in Delphi .NET? Apart from being managed, which I understand as a memory safe execution, is it possible to make a Delphi .NET application run in the XBox?

2. I tried to compile some of my classes, and got an error like "Language feature not available: 'destructor' ". But in the help they explain classes, and there appear the constructor and destructor! I'm confused about that. I understand .NET will release any object when it loses all it's references, but what can I do in the case I want to restore a given state after an object has been released?

3. I see the Pointer type now is unsecure. There are several cases where I need to pass memory locations, and do type conversions. What's the best way to translate this code? Should I keep using Pointer and wrap it inside {$UNSAFECODE xxx} directives? Or should I use as many typed-pointers as possible?

Also I plan to update my units for the .NET platform using conditional compilation, so I don't have to create two versions of the whole engine I'm building. Is the Turbo Delphi for .NET the only compiler with VER140 ? Or is Turbo Delphi (Win32) using that value too?

Thanks!
-Marco