Hi jason,

I am thinking of trying one idea with regards to the SDL_Mixer...I will attempt to make build a C *.o file using the devkitGP2X that will allow me to access the SDL_Mixer stuff via freepascal to see if that fixes the crashing issue.

I haven't tried playing ogg vorbis files on the GP2X, but I know it works when programming it using C/C++.

I do need to test to see if PNGs work under my current GP2X compiling system.

I generally use 16 bit depth with SDL as standard so it works directly on the GP2X without it having to convert between another color depth and 16 bit.

When writing to the framebuffer directly you have to write ALL the drawing code yourself - lines, rectangles, etc.

I haven't done enough tests to see if the direct framebuffer code is faster than using SDL, but if the drawing code is "efficient", then I suspect it is as quite a few people programming the GP2X do use the framebuffer method in order to get speedups for things like emulators, etc.

If you happen to be using OpenGL at all with Crashblock, then you will have to completely write your own fixed-point math OpenGL emulation code (to be fast) as the GP2X doesn't have OpenGL at all (or even a 3d processor).

I did make my own Pascal primitive OpenGL code that used the basic OpenGL calls but it was really slow as I hadn't done much optimization for the GP2X.

PS. Long live the GP2X!!
PPS. I also love the sound of the upcoming new model with touch-screen and "D-Pad"

cheers,
Paul