Well, I did do some experimentation on the GP2X, I modified your test application to play an Ogg file (unsuccessfully ) On initialisation of the audio system, it crashed. Reading on the dev forums, there's some other version of SDL, I'm not sure if this is to be shipped with the game or statically linked in.. but it claims decent hardware performance and ogg vorbis support.

But it started to get all technerdish and I glazed over. I just want to write a game that anyone can play without them having to install anything else. Perhaps I misunderstood the requirements, but then again, the documentation was not wonderful.

I was going to try some other things but I've run out of batteries :lol: and I'm getting the dreaded flashing rainbow of death

I would really love to see something someone has got going on the GP2X in Pascal, something meaty which I can compare so I know how much power I've got to work with.. The CPU is something like 230mhz but it's a RISC processor so it should be run things at a similar speed to a 350mhz intel or higher if coded properly.

I'm also a little worried by the size of the executables being generated for the GP2X, just your test app is over a meg. Crashblock is only 700k for the entire game. Please tell me there's a way to reduce the file size.