Thread: Mirroring an image...

Mirroring an image...

I'm currently programming a side-scrolling game using DelphiX (SpriteEngine, to be precise), and all of my current graphics only face in one direction. Must I go and flip each image manually and save it, or is there a way to do this at runtime? I'd imagine that since even Paint can flip images, DelphiX should be able to. It's just a question of how. :)

Thanks!
    Game-Dev Journal: http://skirmish.dreamhosters.com/devlog/

Mirroring an image...

Hmmm didn't we had this question before... :roll:

But anyway, using scanline you most likely can come up with a horizontal/vertical flip of your images. But I would not recommend this procedure. In the end your only advantage is diskspace. I'd say draw your images in a painting program like Paint shop pro and flip em in there.
    It will save you lots of time...

Mirroring an image...

DirectDraw provides a way to mirror images, but I can't remember what it is at the moment. I'll have a rummage around when I get home and will try to let you know.

But, well, flipping 'em in Paintshop beforehand works as well.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

Mirroring an image...

I think in DirectX you can just switch the Left/Right and Top/Bottom coordiantes of the rectangle to flip vertically or horizonally. I don't think DelphiX allows this though.
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]