Thread: Trading Card Game Help

Trading Card Game Help

hey guys ive been looking into the JEDI-SDL lib and im stumped on what to use for my game i wonna make i wonna make a trading card game with energy,attack,defense... u know the average TCG rules but i dunno what to use since its gonna be all 2d i was thinking using the SDLSpriteEngine but dunno how it operates fully yet or should i just use the SDL_Image? what would be best im only gonna be moving the images accross the screen and have changing values on screen what should i use? and what would be the most efficient way?

Trading Card Game Help

I don't think SDL is suitable for typing a lot of info on screen.... but nevermind...

SDL_image is an extension for loading sdl surfaces from more image formats {png for example is very usefull becuse it compression and alpha tranparency}, the main SDL only load BMP's

I also recomend using imaging lib insted of SDL_imaged
    check at Vampyre Imaging Library

For a card game you should modify the SDLSpriteEngine, or better, make your own.

Do you have experiencie in programming?

{Hope i can help you with my poor english}
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Trading Card Game Help

Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
    I don't think SDL is suitable for typing a lot of info on screen.... but nevermind...

SDL_image is an extension for loading sdl surfaces from more image formats {png for example is very usefull becuse it compression and alpha tranparency}, the main SDL only load BMP's

I also recomend using imaging lib insted of SDL_imaged
    check at Vampyre Imaging Library

For a card game you should modify the SDLSpriteEngine, or better, make your own.

{Hope i can help you with my poor english}
    i hate to say it but not really ive made small useless appz like php script writer and text editor i only started about 4 weeks ago and sufisive to say im not learning very quick xD i think ill try the sprite engine see if i can make anything from that

Trading Card Game Help

Quote Originally Posted by IchimaruGin
    i hate to say it but not really ive made small useless appz like php script writer and text editor i only started about 4 weeks ago and sufisive to say im not learning very quick xD i think ill try the sprite engine see if i can make anything from that
    I suggest you make a simple pong game for learning purposes :? before starting with this project, it will make you fell more confortable using SDL and ObjectPascal
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Trading Card Game Help

Quote Originally Posted by IchimaruGin
    I suggest you make a simple pong game for learning purposes :? before starting with this project, it will make you fell more confortable using SDL and ObjectPascal
    yeah ive allready been working on drawing my scene and loading images in now i gotta work on interaction with objects and movement