Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bomberman. (Bomberman competition)

Bomberman. (Bomberman competition)

My small project for Independent Games Developers Contests, #28 Bomberman competition.

Four type of enemy:
    * zombie - typical enemy,
    * golem - armored enemy (can be destroyed by two or more explosions)
    * ghost - ethereal enemy, can pass obstacles (except solid walls).
    * necromancer - rise ghost from remains.
    Enemy don't pass through bomb or other enemy (except ghost)

Three type of bonus: Adding life, Rise bomb power, Increase count of bombs.

Three type of obstacles: Solid walls, Crates, Exploding crates. If enemy was hit by exploding crates, scores quadruplicate.

Teleporter (exit) activates after all enemy eliminated. If teleporter was damaged by explosion, ghost come.

15 templates (solid walls positions), unlimited levels.

129 textures, 9 sounds, Delphi6, eXgine and 12 days

Download

That looks pretty good! I hope your entry will score well in the competition.

1[size=9px]st[/size] award, thank you

Wonderfull work, i have played for some time,

what is eXngine ?
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Thank you.

eXgine - small "engine" by Xproger, for basic operation with system, DX sound and openGL.
    http://xproger.mirgames.ru/?id=2&page=4
    Russian version only, sorry.

Sorry, I can't read Russian, can someone post a direct link to download the game? Looks like something I'd waste hours of my life on (after all I seem to waste hours on many of the bomberman style games ).

Nevermind, Babel Fish didn't let me down: http://world.altavista.com/babelfish...0bomberman.rar

Link in first post is direct link to a game, but sorry, problems with hoster.

Download from other site

very cool!

Thanx

A very cool game... i've played it for half an hour or so :razz:

But i think the game is a little too hard.... it is fun though.. but it would be more fun when i get more chance to try the next level, and the levels after that.

Some things that could be improved:

>> Make the respawn point a little bit safer. When i die or start a new level, i may get killed within 2 seconds. I think the player should be able to look at the new level for a few secons before he has to respond to moving enemy's.
    >> Let the player walk over his bomb's. Sometimes (when i played a little fast) i trapped myself between obstackles and a bomb, and i couldn't escape... BOOM :evil:
    >> Let the player select a level. I got tired of playing the first level over and over agian.
    Or make the game easier so that the player can advance to the next level more easily.

How many levels did you make?? :razz:

I noticed that the ZIP contains more bomberman games? Are that the games you compete with?
    I'm SURE you are gonna win because your's looks, sounds and play's WAY better than the others.

Good luck with the game
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast