Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bomberman. (Bomberman competition)

Bomberman. (Bomberman competition)

Can't download

The first link takes me to something that looks like an russian forum asking me to login.
    The second link gives me a good old 404 error.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

[quote="pstudio"]Can't download
    The first ]
    Dmn. Sorry, a have no good file hoster.
    Try this. It's all games from bomberman contest.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    A very cool game... i've played it for half an hour or so :razz:
    But i think the game is a little too hard.... it is fun though.. but it would be more fun when i get more chance to try the next level, and the levels after that.
    mb. Game very dynamical and pushing player for fast moving/thinking. Many bonuses, but many death.

Some things that could be improved:
    This game "as is" from contest

>> Make the respawn point a little bit safer. When i die or start a new level, i may get killed within 2 seconds. I think the player should be able to look at the new level for a few secons before he has to respond to moving enemy's.
    Or player can be invulnerable for first five seconds.

>> Let the player walk over his bomb's. Sometimes (when i played a little fast) i trapped myself between obstackles and a bomb, and i couldn't escape... BOOM :evil:
    The oldest variant of bombs don't block players or enemy. Impassable bombs more interesting, because can block enemy at dead ends, for example.

>> Let the player select a level. I got tired of playing the first level over and over agian.
    Or make the game easier so that the player can advance to the next level more easily.
    I planed make level selection at menu, but... but... i don't remember, why I don't do it

How many levels did you make?? :razz:
    (I'm not enough familiar with English)
    If you mean "create" - it's very simple. I created 15 levels (templates) @ 15 minutes.
    If you mean "pass" - 26

I noticed that the ZIP contains more bomberman games? Are that the games you compete with?
    What a ZIP? I placed RAR... Oh, you mean file from igdc.ru ? Yep.

I'm SURE you are gonna win because your's looks, sounds and play's WAY better than the others.
    Thanx.

Good luck with the game
    Thanx again

What a ZIP? I placed RAR... Oh, you mean file from igdc.ru ? Yep.
    ah sorry ops: I guess i allway's call compressed filetypes, zips :razz:
    and if you're not familiar with ZIP, it's similar to RAR. Just for file-compression
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

ZIP means ZIP, zips means archives file. I'm familiar with all archives from A to Z (ARJ to ZIP)

I played your game a few times more, and i made it to level 30 :razz:

as long as you have enough lives, you can easily advance to the next level, because the crates often contain new lives and goodies

Realy fun game... and i noticed you have included the source :thumbup:
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Hi Shirson i was looking at the source today and saw that you use an archive packed with zlib with all the resources,

can you tell me more about it?
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

ghehe... i noticed that too.

Take a closer look at the source Code says more than a thousand words :lol:
    then you can ask a more specific question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    ghehe... i noticed that too.

Take a closer look at the source Code says more than a thousand words :lol:
    then you can ask a more specific question about it.
    I saw the resource, but it only haves the unpaking/loading code, maybe shirson can share with us the packer one ?
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Belated bump to news item.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast