Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bomberman. (Bomberman competition)

Bomberman. (Bomberman competition)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirson
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
    1¬? now i know how to deal with streams and bin files
    2¬? using on my plataform game ;]
    Don't forget about copyright
    Yeah, Shirson, don't forget that he doesn't have to use your code. You just gave a decent example. (Datapacking is actually the simplest thing around if you know how to use streams.)

[quote="Shirson"]I was downloading from the CA, and files from a .RU sites is Ok. Mystics

I changed ]The first link either gives a 404 or a "Your country cannot download" message to me. The others are slow and give random connection drops.

Try this http://rapidshare.com/files/68644936...erman.rar.html

P.S. Robert, I told not about zlib methods, but idea, how organize many files in one with access-by-name small internal table of files.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirson
    P.S. Robert, I told not about zlib methods, but idea, how organize many files in one with access-by-name small internal table of files.
    I was too. My point is that if he doesn't reuse your code directly, all you did was teach him a concept. A valuable concept at that. For that he should at least mention you in the credits, but copyright is an incorrect term. He should be thankful for the example, but without reusing your direct format or code there's no copyright breach. Furthermore, I've had a similar format, though a little more feature complete and object oriented, for almost six months--and a procedural archive type based off your same concept for as much as four years. As I was trying to say it isn't so unique a concept; doubtless someone else invented it before me too.

That's all. Nothing much--nothing attempting to degrade what you were trying to say. If he reuses your format or code then you certainly deserve mention at a minimum, plus your permission first.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234