Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TURBU engine

TURBU engine

Interesting. I'll check it out.

One caveat to my earlier statement about consoles. It would be kinda difficult to port the editor to a platform with no keyboard, seeing as how my main goal is to make it easy for the developers to create a quality game.

Trying to do "letter selection" with a control pad is bad enough just for the short things that it's typically used for (usually names); I can only imagine the frustrating horrors that attempting to write scripts in Pascal would entail! So that's kind of unlikely. The game engine, on the other hand, is being consciously designed from a "console-input-style" perspective, and could be ported to a console with minimal difficulty if cross-platform libs are available. The game itself, of course, will be in user-created data files, and be platform independent.

Mason

TURBU engine

I haven't checked it out yet, but the GP2X console supports SDL (Without OpenGL) and there is FPC4GP2X to compile Pascal code. However I don't think that it supports all of SDL yet.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

TURBU engine

SDL + scripting language fits very nice with each other
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

TURBU engine

New update up, in case anyone's interested. Progress is a little bit slow, but it's definitely progressing.

Mason

TURBU engine

UPDATE: Things are really going well with the engine development. I just finished a bunch of new event commands. I upgraded the engine to the latest SDL_Mixer, plus added official support for several music formats.

There's still a lot of work to be done, but this is finally starting to resemble a real game engine! Check it out at www.turbu-rpg.com.

TURBU engine

What are you using for scripting?
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12