Thread: Distribution

Distribution

I am interested in this topic. Has anyone produced anything commercially before?

Once you have a product and you have public beta tested it, where do you go from there? Are there any reputable distributers / marketing agencies in the UK that I should know about?
    http://www.c5software.co.uk (site is being developed at the moment)

Distribution

(Me reviving another year old post. )

I'm in the United States, but I may be able to provide some wisdom as far as marketing games.

Once you've finished a game, the best guidlines you can follow are these when preparing for distribution.

First, write down your goals and your visualization of the product. Do you want to see your game on store shelves, or distribute it on the internet? Do you see your product as being the next top seller?

Based on that, you'll know whether you want to distribute through local/national stores or go the online way. Online you can find many distributors such as PayPal, ShareIt, or make your own system with PHP,etc. If you see yourself able to make more, the best thing to do is to send your product to magazines. Perhaps a freebie version to get heard. This is an easy way to get noticed.

I really can't help you with specific venders, yet hopefully you'll be able to think about where you're aiming. Either in-stores, the online world, or both. As for me, I've never produced anything commercial but have done freeware. Eitherway, you still want to get your software heard. (A professional website is essential and a must no matter what)

If you're still around Gadget, I'd be glad to enlighten you further.