Thread: SSS and DelphiGamer announce game publishing partnership

SSS and DelphiGamer announce game publishing partnership

LONDON -- Savage Software Solutions Ltd. and DelphiGamer.com today announced a partnership that will give indie developed games a higher profile. Both DelphiGamer.com and Savage Softwar Solutions have had close ties with the Pascal indie game development community.

"As an aspiring independent game developer I have been extremely unhappy with the lengths one has to go through to get a game you've written into gamers' hands. To that end, Savage Software Solutions Ltd. and and DelphiGamer.com have decided to create two simple sites to promote and sell indie developed games.

DelphiGamer.com will help promote Pascal game development by showcasing the latest and best Pascal developed games in both Free and Try before you buy formats. While Savage Software Solutions Ltd. will offer some of these games for sale as downloadable content.

"As this will be purely a downloadable content service, we plan to offer attractive royalties to developers and we only plan to lock in developers for 3 saleable months, though the contract could be rolling, if both parties are happy with how everything is going.

I would really like a fairer business model between developer and publisher, with the idea that this will make money for both parties.
    Think of it as FairTrade for developers." said Dominique Louis from Savage Software Solutions Ltd.

"Our aims are to provide exclusive games, that can't be found on other game sites, and to get the reputation of offering excellent games for the money you pay. We are looking for interesting ( well what we think gamers will find interesting ) games that have a maximum download size of about 50MB ( subject to change ), that would be priced to sell at no more than $20 US."

To learn more about DelphiGamer.com visit http://www.DelphiGamer.com.

To learn more about Savage Software Solutions Ltd. visit
    http://www.SavageSoftwareSolutions.com/
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

With the press release over what I wanted to add was...

All payments, Credit Card and other wise, are handled securely via Paypal. My company, Savage Software Solutions Ltd., is a registered company. Currently we have 2 games for sale and a couple days ago had our first official sale. Hopefully by posting this here, other indie developers will feel inclined to talk to us.

For those that are interested, I have created a developer document that outlines what you can expect from us and what we expect of the developers as part of this relationship as well as how we handle game registration codes. PM me if you would like talk about publishing with us.

I realise it is early days, but we are doing everything we can to get the word out about the site and we are constantly aiming to improve the customer's experience on both sites.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Great idea and good luck with the sales

Blog Entries

Very nice Dom!

I was just waiting to see how long it would be to get the publishing company going. Glad to see it finally come into the light.

A little sub-topic to encourage those that might want to distribute with you; I know that the 'PGD Family' of sites and overall community has good connections with the editor of the free online Dev.Mag magazine, but what other print publications and gamer media can developers look forward to getting their games exposed to through you?

I'm sure that it might only be a select amount available to begin with, but as the portfolio of games and the sales increase, I'm sure that other newer opportunities will come to bare.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder