Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lazarus 0.9.24 Final Testing

Blog Entries

Lazarus 0.9.24 Final Testing

Yup, you've got it! The new Lazarus is almost upon us!

This is probably the most anticipated release of the IDE tool since the inclusion of the 2.0 version of the Free Pascal compiler.

This version will instead champion the 2.2 version of FPC as well as some fundamental tweaks to the IDE including the much touted 'Close Project' option under the File menu. :thumbup:

You can read more about Lazarus development at the team's blog over at: http://lazarus-dev.blogspot.com/
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

The IDE looks nicer, seems more stable and compiles much quicker... builds all almost as fast as Delphi. Got to try Ubuntu's version.

good i will give a try when released
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

The blog entry was made on the 5th of November (easy to subscribe to) and 9.24 was released late (if I remember right on Thursday) last week. Been running it for a few days now and while I'm impressed with the speed increases, there are some problems . In short, don't upgrade just install over and re-build.

The speed increases are related to FPC 2.2, or to Lazarus enhancements?

Any improvements in the output filesize maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jdarling
    The blog entry was made on the 5th of November (easy to subscribe to) and 9.24 was released late (if I remember right on Thursday) last week. Been running it for a few days now and while I'm impressed with the speed increases, there are some problems . In short, don't upgrade just install over and re-build.
    more details?
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
    Any improvements in the output filesize maybe?
    It's been said that FPC 2.2 will give you better sized EXEs over the older 2.0.4 version. So in that respect I'm sure it will be so. As for the LCL and whatever else Laz straps into the EXE I'm not to sure. I guess there will be a change log.

I just hope that they highlight the features of the new release like they did for the last release. I found that really helpful when looking for the really juicy stuff that I could actually sink my own Win32 teeth into.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by cronodragon
    The speed increases are related to FPC 2.2, or to Lazarus enhancements?
    I think it is related to FPC 2.2. It has a lot of bugfixing, including a bug that always included debug information ignoring flags.

Now a question: Does FPC 2.2 allows real inline procedures? I mean, if I declare a procedure/function/method as inline it will be inlined in all units that use that procedure/function/method? Previous FPC doesn't export inline procedure/function/method.
    No signature provided yet.

I'm not sure, but I believe that modern compilers only use inline as a hint. The compiler will in the end make the choice if it's reasonable to inline a function or not.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast