Quote Originally Posted by WILL
I wonder how they managed to strike that kind of deal with the big M$? :scratch:
Easy, it's a "Chrome" exclusive parallel to the Standard edition. It is only missing the other languages.

The obvious downside of using Chrome before was that it was an add-on instead of a standalone suite of tools.
I think you don't quite understand... the language compiler, etc, are extensions to Visual Studio in DLL form. Yes, it's a kind of extension, but your assemblies and code are comparable to anything that is generated by any other Visual Studio language. Technically this cuts cost--a lot.

This certainly sweetens the pot as it were. More pressure for CodeGear to step it up even more I think.
Lambda expressions, LINQ (Language integrated queries), anonymous typing, anonymous methods (in objects), parameter (vararg style into an array) functions, and a whole other realm of new language features ... I think CodeGear has to work to even compete right now!

All for a $300 price tag, unless you have VS 2005 (then it's only $59). If I buy a compiler it won't be Delphi, it'll be Chrome.